Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
stkjock

Interesting Time Play

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Gfoley4    61
9 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

Was 3BC pissed because, he didn't hold up Happ at 2B, because Happ didn't  hold at 2B, because Happ didn't slide at 3B, or R2 lollygagged getting home?

ball is in front of the runner, so it's the runners' call to decide if he can advance to third. It was just a SH*# decision, as well as not sliding. The almost scoring runner gets a bit of a break because he just came off the DL with a strained hamstring.

Jimurray    544
9 minutes ago, Gfoley4 said:

ball is in front of the runner, so it's the runners' call to decide if he can advance to third. It was just a SH*# decision, as well as not sliding. The almost scoring runner gets a bit of a break because he just came off the DL with a strained hamstring.

So, don't make the first or last out at 3B is not the mantra any more?

stkjock    272
6 hours ago, Jimurray said:

Was 3BC pissed because, he didn't hold up Happ at 2B, because Happ didn't  hold at 2B, because Happ didn't slide at 3B, or R2 lollygagged getting home?

IMO, he's pissed at R1, Happ for not sliding, he appears to be giving him the "down" signal to me. 

I should add, PU, did a good job on the play. 

noumpere    2,413
4 minutes ago, Umpire in Chief said:

I wish there was a view that showed the runners at the time of the tag.

It was shown on the TV replay.  R2 (?) was about in the batter's box when the tag was made.  Wasn't really that close (at least for umpires).  The runner could have made it, but he slowed down and turned his head to watch the play at third.

stkjock    272
2 hours ago, Umpire in Chief said:

I wish there was a view that showed the runners at the time of the tag.

there was, at least last night on the telecast.  Frankly I didn't watch the whole video I posted as I had saw it live

Gfoley4    61
13 hours ago, Jimurray said:

So, don't make the first or last out at 3B is not the mantra any more?

yes, I said it was an awful decision by happ to go towards third- but it's his call not and not the third base coaches

stkjock    272
29 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

Off Topic: How do you get the clip to start at that point when it's the full game on Youtube?

right click on the video while playing, a dialog box will open, 7 choices appear, one is "copy video url at current time" mouse over to that choice and copy

Richvee    1,724
On 9/13/2017 at 11:33 PM, Jimurray said:

yes

• Like 2