Register or Sign In to remove these ads
bluejersey

CP under plate coat

bluejersey    11

Those of you who own plate coats, do you wear something over your CP? If so, what? I'd like something that won't make me overheat and will fit nicely over the CP without being too loose(or tight for that matter) around the neck.

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
BT_Blue    824

I personally like both looks.

If I remember correctly, Iassogna wears a sleeveless mock turtle neck over his.

MadMax    1,218
13 hours ago, bluejersey said:

... do you wear something over your CP? 

Nope! Any chance I get to show off "Schutt" instead of a big, obnoxious gold "W", I'm going to take it. ;)

13 hours ago, bluejersey said:

I'd like something that won't make me overheat and will fit nicely over the CP without being too loose(or tight for that matter) around the neck.

The way to go, then, is to get a 2XL tech-shirt (UnderArmour, Nike, Champion, etc.) in black, dark grey, navy (if you're using a navy plate coat (which you should, if you're in a draconian state that still mandates HS ball wear navy, and endorse the sentiment that pullover jackets on the plate are a stupid look)), and get it in a V-neck if you must. Or, like @BT_Blue mentioned, get it in sleeveless.

eBay is loaded with tech shirts in ... uh... "grand" sizes on the cheap. TJMaxx / Marshalls / Ross / equivalent places are options too.

• Like 1

lawump    713
1 hour ago, MadMax said:

Nope! Any chance I get to show off "Schutt" instead of a big, obnoxious gold "W", I'm going to take it. ;)

Nope!  Any chance I get to show of my obnoxious gold "W"...I take it!  :FIRE:

• Haha 2

maineump    349

I don't wear a shirt over the protector with my plate coat. I have seen guys wear a light weight under shirt - that matches the coat.

Mr Ump    159

IMG_4103.thumb.jpg.177ecbabb3fcd572a473458679571538.jpg

I am looking for a gray that matches my pants. The black in the picture is a moister wicking shirt. Anything other is too hot on most days. I don't like the look of my WVG TW under the PC with no shirt, but to each their own.

• Like 3

codizzle    34
1 hour ago, Mr Ump said:

IMG_4103.thumb.jpg.177ecbabb3fcd572a473458679571538.jpg

I am looking for a gray that matches my pants. The black in the picture is a moister wicking shirt. Anything other is too hot on most days. I don't like the look of my WVG TW under the PC with no shirt, but to each their own.

Looking sharp. Love the look! 

th3    271

I usually wear a right sized dri fit kind of shirt over my CP (I don't have a plate coat). I think I feel like the slightly tight shirt helps keep it in place.