Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Rich Ives

unpire.org blocked as dangerous

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Jimurray    542

My original IPad opens the site ok on Safari. But yesterday I got a Pegasus spyware infection popup. Wonder if it came from there? Not the infection, just the popup.

udbrky    240
Just now, Jimurray said:

Umpire-empire.com

LOL, I just think there's probably a common thread for those having issues - antivirus/browser.

umpire.org >>>>>> facebook groups though.

Kevin_K    523
8 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

My security software is blocking umpire.org as a known dangerous site. Anyone else?

Maybe the website recognizes you as a coach?  :sarcasm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

scrounge    1,127
5 hours ago, udbrky said:

What's the antivirus?

It's software that's designed to protect the user from attack by malicious outside software programs. But that's not important right now.

• Haha 3

udbrky    240
3 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

Norton

Chrome browser

Norton sucks. I use Microsoft Security Essentials and Oracle Virtual Box virtual machine running Linux for anything questionable (customers send us sketchy links sometimes) and never have an issue. 

We also recommend Kaspersky to our customers. Some of them deal in 100k+ transactions regularly. Nobody's had an issue with either of these antiviruses.

Norton, McAfee, and especially Avast and AVG overblock stuff. I've seen AVG corrupt Windows to the point where it has to be re-installed. Not isolated instance either. Comodo also is guilty of this. And then there's Zone Alarm, who once kept me from accessing the internet after a Windows update. That's the last day I ran that program.

udbrky    240

Looks like an issue on their end - site's been down now. I didn't get it in Chrome w/ MSE.