Adidas Base Shoes

HuskerUmp22
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2295 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've worn the Adidas on sport turf at Univ of Louisville during the Fall. Did not slip, did not slide...worked 3-man and had zero issues with them. I think the Adidas is very comfortable.

I won't get into the politics of the LaVar situation at an AAU tournament; Could it have been handled differently, of course. So could A LOT of things in hind sight...but, let's move on.

I'm not a fan of the Nike above - you will look like every other college or HS coach in America that wears Nike; but, it's your own call. Go with what fits and is comfortable.

Thanks!

Scott Kennedy

www.ump-attire.com

scott@ump-attire.com 

On 12/29/2017 at 10:48 AM, Scott K said:

I've worn the Adidas on sport turf at Univ of Louisville during the Fall. Did not slip, did not slide...worked 3-man and had zero issues with them. I think the Adidas is very comfortable.

I won't get into the politics of the LaVar situation at an AAU tournament; Could it have been handled differently, of course. So could A LOT of things in hind sight...but, let's move on.

I'm not a fan of the Nike above - you will look like every other college or HS coach in America that wears Nike; but, it's your own call. Go with what fits and is comfortable.

Thanks!

Scott Kennedy

www.ump-attire.com

scott@ump-attire.com 

@Scott K .... does this upper take a shine??

5 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

@Scott K .... does this upper take a shine??

I'll answer for Scott. He's busy getting out all of our products sent out today for the MiLB Umpire Training Academy starting this weekend.

Good question @Thunderheads and the answer is yes....very nice shine throughout the entire upper, especially compared to New Balance and Under Armour.

• Thanks 1

How are they for cleaning? Really tired of scrubbing the New Balances and they look just as bad the next game.
I don't see any mesh....So off Jim says out takes a great shine, then you'd have to assume that cleaning is easy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

I don't see any mesh....So off Jim says out takes a great shine, then you'd have to assume that cleaning is easy emoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

One thing is there are lots of holes there if you are going for a deep polish to be concerned about doing just right. But for a day to day cleaning and buffing, these start out "shiny", should stay that way and that is throughout the upper (no mesh, hence the holes for venting).

This post got some conversation going in the office as well to make sure I had explained myself to you correctly. Hope this helps.

• Like 2