SWMBO - The next Chapter

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2332 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Yes, many of you are familiar with my SWMBO stories, and trust me, there are many MANY stories that don't make it to this forum.  So the latest chapter unfolds as I'm going through the "end of summer" cleaning of the equipment bag and disposing of things that have been extended beyond their usefulness, as we get into "fall ball" mode.  As I get to my (what I call) "ditty bag", I pull out 3 or 4 indictors, 2 plate brushes, some pencils, sun screen and a line up card holder (that has seen better days).  Since SWMBO also wears the hat of my personal financial consultant, she also receives the emails from @JimKirk's team (because she has placed several orders for me).  She mentioned that "our man @Scott Kennedy" just did a 2 minute review of a new magnetic line up card holder, and that I should order one.  Well, needless to say, I just placed my order.  Fella's, I wish that each and of you could have such a supportive SWMBO as I do (if the situation applies).  Ladies, I just hope your "fella" is as understanding.

:cheers:

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

My wife is super supportive too. She always wants to know my schedule, is very excited when Arbiter sends us notification of new games and is always disappointed when I have a rainout. She dresses to the nines for my departure.... not so much for my return ... but I'm sure that is because she had a hard day. 

• Haha 4

On 8/30/2017 at 11:14 AM, Umpire in Chief said:

I'm going to add my wife to the Ump-Attire.com mailing list. Dollars to doughnuts I get the "why the heck am I getting this now?" 

Pretty sure mine was on the mailing list for both UA as well as Gerry Davis. Also pretty darn sure she has "unsubscribed" from all this "umpire crap" she keeps getting. Lol

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2017 at 10:21 AM, Aging_Arbiter said:

Yes, many of you are familiar with my SWMBO stories, and trust me, there are many MANY stories that don't make it to this forum.  So the latest chapter unfolds as I'm going through the "end of summer" cleaning of the equipment bag and disposing of things that have been extended beyond their usefulness, as we get into "fall ball" mode.  As I get to my (what I call) "ditty bag", I pull out 3 or 4 indictors, 2 plate brushes, some pencils, sun screen and a line up card holder (that has seen better days).  Since SWMBO also wears the hat of my personal financial consultant, she also receives the emails from @JimKirk's team (because she has placed several orders for me).  She mentioned that "our man @Scott Kennedy" just did a 2 minute review of a new magnetic line up card holder, and that I should order one.  Well, needless to say, I just placed my order.  Fella's, I wish that each and of you could have such a supportive SWMBO as I do (if the situation applies).  Ladies, I just hope your "fella" is as understanding.

:cheers:

Please let your wife know how much I admire her recommendation to you :) She's definitely a KEEPER!