Site Upgrade

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2236 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

As you may have noticed, I recently upgraded the site. 

One thing I have left to do is something I have wanted to do for a while and needs to be done, but I've never gotten to is have the system to rewrite the url's of the site not to include "index.php..." Well I'm finally going to do that this weekend (9/1/17 - 9/3/17).

URL.JPG

So what does that mean for you???

Any bookmarks/links you have which include the "index.php..." will no longer be valid. and will only lead you to the home page. 

Now here's the work around...

You can search using the words/phrase at the end of the url and it should be the number 1 result. 

URL1.JPG

If you have any difficulty finding a particular post/link you have saved please just let me know (via PM) and I will get that to you.

Thanks,

Warren

I imagine it has to do with my infrequent visits and the new upgrades (the added options to the "like" is kind of cool). But I have been needing to sign back in when I log onto the page.

Will see if it continues to happen or not.

8 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I imagine it has to do with my infrequent visits and the new upgrades (the added options to the "like" is kind of cool). But I have been needing to sign back in when I log onto the page.

Will see if it continues to happen or not.

Two things at play here...

1. If you log in from a different device than your last log in it makes you log in again.
  2. When you login please be sure to use your username "BT_Blue" instead of your email address. For some reason that tends to work better.

13 hours ago, KenBAZ said:

UIC, I've been unable to log in to the site from Tapatalk since the upgrade.  Is anyone else reporting this problem?  

"Call to undefined method"

yes, thanks for bringing that up!!   it just sits there and "spins" ....nothing comes up

Sorry couldn't get to this last night. Will try again tonight...

22 hours ago, noumpere said:

Maybe yuo can fix it so every post doesn't have the "sent from tapatalk" signature -- or just remind the users to change it on their end.

I'll also look to see if that is possible. I find it rather annoying too and it is simply marketing/SEO for them.

• 3 months later...
On 8/28/2017 at 2:34 PM, Umpire in Chief said:

As you may have noticed, I recently upgraded the site. 

One thing I have left to do is something I have wanted to do for a while and needs to be done, but I've never gotten to is have the system to rewrite the url's of the site not to include "index.php..." Well I'm finally going to do that this weekend (9/1/17 - 9/3/17).

URL.JPG

So what does that mean for you???

Any bookmarks/links you have which include the "index.php..." will no longer be valid. and will only lead you to the home page. 

Now here's the work around...

You can search using the words/phrase at the end of the url and it should be the number 1 result. 

URL1.JPG

If you have any difficulty finding a particular post/link you have saved please just let me know (via PM) and I will get that to you.

Thanks,

Warren

Just to bump this thread. I never got around to changing the URLs like I mentioned. I "need" to do this and will make another announcement immediately after I do and also once it's been done. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally pulled the trigger on this. You may experience a brief delay as the site is re-indexed. 

If you have a link to a page please just delete the "/index.php?" from the url and you will get to where you need.

If you have any issues please just let me know. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rzanew said:

I haven't been on the site for a couple of weeks due to the holidays.

Today, I see everything center justified.   Was this change made deliberately?  IMO, makes reading long paragraphs more difficult.

-Robert

Please put up a screen shot. I am not seeing that..

20 minutes ago, Umpire in Chief said:

I can't duplicate this..

Does anyone else have this issue?

I see you're using Chrome which IMO is the best and what I use, but have you tried another browser?

Can you put up a screen shot from your computer, Chief?  Mine looks like rzanew's.  I didn't know it could look any other way.