MLB Ejections 134-35 - Angel Hernandez (1-2; DET x2)

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2437 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

HP Umpire Angel Hernandez ejected Tigers 2B Ian Kinsler and Manager Brad Ausmus (strike one call; QOCY) in the top of the 5th inning of the Tigers-Rangers game. With one out and none on, Kinsler took a 0-0 fastball from Rangers pitcher Martin Perez for a called first strike. Replays indicate the...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

I was listening when this happened.  The radio guys (one that I particularly like) never says anything about umpires, and he was hot about Angel last night and I thought, hmmm, this will be interesting to see tomorrow.  He was saying he was calling pitches low and 8" outside.  That made me say, wait a minute ...something is wrong here....

It was wrong ....the commentary was wrong...... while borderline (Kinsler strike here) ...it's a strike (would love to see the side view) ....   I guess it just goes to show you that all announcers are homers ....

Watched it on my dvr last night...ball caught the hollow of the knee at the front edge of the plate. Rangers broadcast showed multiple angles of the whole thing. Kinsler initiated after the strike by asking Angel, "What's your problem with me?" After the ball, Kinsler did turn towards Angel and say something, but I was unable to read his lips. After that it got R rated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I kept waiting for Kinsler's bat to contact Hernandez with the way he was pointing with it in their "up close" discussion.  Just out of curiosity, what would have been the punishment in that case with a bat striking the umpire in these circumstances?

10 minutes ago, StrikeToWin said:

I kept waiting for Kinsler's bat to contact Hernandez with the way he was pointing with it in their "up close" discussion.  Just out of curiosity, what would have been the punishment in that case with a bat striking the umpire in these circumstances?

Up to the league I suppose. I assume it would get the same "that's contact" response and point as any other bump.