Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scrounge

Joe West suspended 3 games for bashing Beltre in article...

9 posts in this topic

Joe West suspended after calling Adrian Beltre 'biggest complainer' in MLB

Thomas LottOmnisport

Updated at 8:35 p.m. ET

Joe West has been suspended for three games after calling Adrian Beltre the 'biggest' complainer in the game in a USA Today article.

West, who recently umpired his 5,000th career game, opened up a lot about MLB but the statement that got him in trouble came when he was asked who the biggest complainer in MLB is. He answered matter-of-factly and succinctly with Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre.

"It’s got to be Adrian Beltre. Every pitch you call that’s a strike, he says, “Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!’ I had a game with him recently and the pitch was right down the middle. He tells me, 'That ball is outside.’

"I told him, ‘You may be a great ballplayer, but you’re the worst umpire in the league. You stink."

[more at the link]

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/joe-west-suspended-adrian-beltre-biggest-complainer-rangers/1xlfv5a5vrp3919e17om5y840y

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Such BS! My avatar says it all to Adrian Beltre . . . and MLB "powers to be"

SJA

I agree with the WUA statement about Joe sharing a humorous moment with a player.  

are we talking about that nice young man who tried to keep a player out of trouble and in the game once upon a time?

So, the phrase that pays is "you are aromatic" now. let the suspensions begin if the shoe is on the other foot. 3 days now for players using the phrase that pays. What about players normal phrases that make this phrase look like a phrase from a Rachel Ray cooking class on rotten eggs.

go to 1.33:53 upper right hand corner.

If we said something like that in the local paper, you don't think there'd be repercussions?

Players and coaches get fined for criticizing officials to the press.

I'm going to be the sacrificial puffin guy - I think he should've been penalized for saying that.

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, udbrky said:

If we said something like that in the local paper, you don't think there'd be repercussions?

Players and coaches get fined for criticizing officials to the press.

I'm going to be the sacrificial puffin guy - I think he should've been penalized for saying that.

I agree.  That's the kind of statement that a guy like Joe West can put in chapter four of his memoirs after he retires.  

IMO, this got more public attention because it's Joe West. 

Joe is a lightning rod for negative attention. Just remember a few years ago the mess he stirred up by saying the Yankees and Red Sox take too long to play their games.