Jump to content

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
johnnyg08

Darrin Sealey Resigns

Recommended Posts

johnnyg08    1,498

So this hit the Internet within the last week or so...

Then news of his resignation was also posted online.

Very, very interesting. I wonder what caused people to start digging.

 

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 11.15.13 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 11.15.21 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 7.46.34 PM.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Richvee    1,724

I was shocked to hear this. Very disappointing. Not sure what makes people fabricate stories about themselves. I guess after a while you start to believe your own lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lawump    707

I don't know Darrin, so I can't comment on him or his issue specifically.  

Does it surprise me that something like this happened? Hell No.  It happens all the time.  For instance, it is estimated that for every 30 guys who claim to be an ex-SEAL, only one actually is.  (And, in fact, you usually have to pester the "one" to death to get him to admit it.)  

https://videos.extremesealexperience.com/channel_Phony-Navy-Seal-Of-The-Week

It is really not hard; speaking the truth, that is.  For instance, I have been to many, many American Legion tournaments.  At each one I am asked repeatedly by Legionnaire after Legionnaire, "did you serve?"  My answer each time is, "no sir, but I'm proud as hell to be here to honor you and your fellow veterans for what you have done for all of us!"

God Bless all of our veterans!

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dumbdumb    305

Is this not the assignor for the d1 conferences like the ivy league, patriot league, maac, and NEC?

And         were there problems previously with the last assignor for this group above as sealey suddenly took these groups over out of nowhere.      What is going on in the assignment arena with this group of conferences.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scrounge    1,127

Dude must have really pissed off some people to get a retired major general up in his business like this.

What a loser....good riddance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mudisfun    399

Word to the wise... do not tell a retired 2 star you served... 

I like the line where he explained that with 40 years experience in the military he can find stuff out... Dude... You were/are a 2 star... you can get pretty much anything you want!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister B    102
On 8/2/2017 at 8:09 PM, lawump said:

 (And, in fact, you usually have to pester the "one" to death to get him to admit it.)  

Years ago, I met some guys who served with my uncle in Vietnam. They really downplayed any of their military experience, "...just regular army..." It wasn't until later on that I found out that they were both Rangers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maineump    349
18 hours ago, dumbdumb said:

Is this not the assignor for the d1 conferences like the ivy league, patriot league, maac, and NEC?

And         were there problems previously with the last assignor for this group above as sealey suddenly took these groups over out of nowhere.      What is going on in the assignment arena with this group of conferences.  

same guy - yes

I have worked with General Nuttall - don't mess with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spiffdawg7    54
17 hours ago, umpireanonymous said:

I would assume this was somehow uncovered due to him applying (hearsay) for open ACC Umpire Coordinator job.

What happened to Tony Thompson having the ACC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt    1,194

For those of you that know me IRL, you know this is a huge pet peeve of mine, and it's caused, ironically, by veterans who have a complex about waving their service in others' faces and the recent swing towards hero worship.

As a nation, we had such a collective guilt towards the treatment of Vietnam veterans that we've overcompensated to the point where veterans are put on a pedestal and are not to be judged. Because of that, there's a subset of veterans (often wearing the "dysfunctional" label as a badge of honor) that feel entitled to special treatment because of their service (the guys that go around thinking they can violate HOA rules because they're being patriotic, the ones that complain when a business doesn't have a military discount, thinking that their political opinion matters more, etc.) Because of that aforementioned collective guilt, people take that at face value and give them what they want. This creates an atmosphere ripe for fraudulent claims and exploitation of false service because of our fear of calling veterans out. It's almost always a situation that goes untouched until the dysfunctional veteran or false veteran comes in contact with a veteran who doesn't have to have that pressure of being unquestioning.

Rant over.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smckin    18

The "TRUE" Patriots wont ask for that discount or that benefit... They served their country as part of their duty as an American.. The Honor that comes with that is immeasurable. To fraudulently portray yourself as a Veteran is absolutely the utmost disrespect to the TRUE Patriots of our great country. General Nuttall, Thank You for your service and your time spent "investigating" this. God Bless America   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scrounge    1,127
14 hours ago, Mister B said:

Years ago, I met some guys who served with my uncle in Vietnam. They really downplayed any of their military experience, "...just regular army..." It wasn't until later on that I found out that they were both Rangers. 

It's always (nearly) the guys that didn't do s@$# that do all the talking...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kylehutson    296
14 hours ago, Mister B said:

Years ago, I met some guys who served with my uncle in Vietnam. They really downplayed any of their military experience, "...just regular army..." It wasn't until later on that I found out that they were both Rangers. 

My father was in Vietnam. I knew he had a purple heart and didn't want to talk much about his service.

Last year he had a reunion with his unit. That's when I found out he was a Ranger - they all were and he'd never mentioned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maineump    349

It really bugs me when I hear guys saying they were 'in the war'. My father in law was in Europe during WWII, his brothers were too - they never talk about it. He is now in a beautiful Veteran's Home, and the respect they get is second to none. None of them talk about what they did. I had 2 uncles that were 'just in the army' in WWII. We never knew until after their deaths, that 1 was a gunner on a bomber, and the other was in the 2nd Rangers Batt. They were never 'heroes' in their minds, they just did what had to be done.

I also worked with many Nam vets when I first started on the job 30 years ago. They were Rangers, artillery, Navy and "just a grunt" as they put it. Never offered info, but would answer if asked.

How dare someone try to 'be a hero' when they didn't earn it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zoops    48

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is the COG?  I'd never heard of it before this thread.  Does it only involve baseball?  Separate from CBUA?  Did a little googling on them and it looked like they oversee some of the eastern conferences?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Richvee    1,724
42 minutes ago, zoops said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is the COG?  I'd never heard of it before this thread.  Does it only involve baseball?  Separate from CBUA?  Did a little googling on them and it looked like they oversee some of the eastern conferences?  

See the bottom of the OP. There's a brief history of COG and their website address.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zm1283    385
13 hours ago, Matt said:

For those of you that know me IRL, you know this is a huge pet peeve of mine, and it's caused, ironically, by veterans who have a complex about waving their service in others' faces and the recent swing towards hero worship.

As a nation, we had such a collective guilt towards the treatment of Vietnam veterans that we've overcompensated to the point where veterans are put on a pedestal and are not to be judged. Because of that, there's a subset of veterans (often wearing the "dysfunctional" label as a badge of honor) that feel entitled to special treatment because of their service (the guys that go around thinking they can violate HOA rules because they're being patriotic, the ones that complain when a business doesn't have a military discount, thinking that their political opinion matters more, etc.) Because of that aforementioned collective guilt, people take that at face value and give them what they want. This creates an atmosphere ripe for fraudulent claims and exploitation of false service because of our fear of calling veterans out. It's almost always a situation that goes untouched until the dysfunctional veteran or false veteran comes in contact with a veteran who doesn't have to have that pressure of being unquestioning.

Rant over.

This is exactly 100% dead on. I have thought this for a long time but it is not always a popular sentiment to express. 

I hate how the "hero" tag is thrown around so much. It cheapens it for the people who are actually heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maineump    349

I think it had something to do with the ACC application process? Maybe something that came out?

Not really sure - but those would be my guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
umpstu    689
On 8/4/2017 at 9:33 AM, Matt said:

For those of you that know me IRL, you know this is a huge pet peeve of mine, and it's caused, ironically, by veterans who have a complex about waving their service in others' faces and the recent swing towards hero worship.

As a nation, we had such a collective guilt towards the treatment of Vietnam veterans that we've overcompensated to the point where veterans are put on a pedestal and are not to be judged. Because of that, there's a subset of veterans (often wearing the "dysfunctional" label as a badge of honor) that feel entitled to special treatment because of their service (the guys that go around thinking they can violate HOA rules because they're being patriotic, the ones that complain when a business doesn't have a military discount, thinking that their political opinion matters more, etc.) Because of that aforementioned collective guilt, people take that at face value and give them what they want. This creates an atmosphere ripe for fraudulent claims and exploitation of false service because of our fear of calling veterans out. It's almost always a situation that goes untouched until the dysfunctional veteran or false veteran comes in contact with a veteran who doesn't have to have that pressure of being unquestioning.

Rant over.

Great post. Couldn't agree more.  It also infuriates me that a guy who served in the military for 4 years behind a desk in St. Louis, the closest to a war front being a traffic jam, feeling they are therefore entitled to VA care for the rest of their lives.  People make up stuff about congress getting free healthcare after serving one term, that's a lie, and then rave about how badly veterans are treated.  I guarantee there are a lot of one term veterans who never did anything or went anywhere who do a lot of the boasting.  I spent a career in the Navy to earn my benefits so I get a little miffed when I hear these guys bitching about Home Depot didn't give them a discount.  Oh, and the guy at the fast food restaurant who posted a video because he didn't get a discount.  Pay the extra 42 cents.  Are you that insecure that you have to throw your service in everybody's face so you can get a pat on the back?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dumbdumb    305
5 hours ago, scrounge said:

he got caught...that's what

So what did the guy before sealey get caught doing and what did the acc guy get caught doing, since we now know what sealey was  caught doing that was inappropriate? Were both of the other guys misrepresenting fictitious military service like sealey? Don't tell me all these other guys have their hand in the cookie jar ($$) because they are in dire financial straights. Or are they just messing up the scheduling all the time or giving a childhood friend a better schedule for no other reason than being a childhood friend. Just what is going on. Where is the integrity? Things just are not making sense here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dumbdumb    305

whoever the person that previously did ivy, maac, patriot, nec, was suddenly gone and sealey took those conferences over. Why? The ACC person is suddenly gone. Why?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×