Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
humanbackstop19

Ump-Attire.com Service Guarantee

I purchased a mask from Ump-Attire.com in March. Wore it maybe 25 times they spring/summer.  Without going into the specs of the mask (though will say it was $100+), I recently noticed it had a 2 cracks after a game in which I did not take a direct hit. I was puzzled how it could have happened. I loved the mask and had taken several direct hits before with no apparent damage! So, I reached out to Ump-Attire.com's customer service and asked how strong they were about their 100% satisfaction guarantee on the site and further explained the issue with the mask.  By the next business day I received a response that I could send the mask in for inspection and if it was deemed defective they would contact me with further instructions. I sent the mask in and received another email simply asking me if I'd like a replacement or another product free of charge. Within minutes and a few more exchanges, no questions asked, a replacement was ordered and on its way priority mail free of charge!  100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE fulfilled by Ump-Attire.com! Thank You x a million! 

• Like 8

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
MadMax    1,215
3 hours ago, humanbackstop19 said:

I purchased a mask from Ump-Attire.com in March. Wore it maybe 25 times they spring/summer.  Without going into the specs of the mask (though will say it was $100+), I recently noticed it had a 2 cracks after a game in which I did not take a direct hit. I was puzzled how it could have happened. I loved the mask and had taken several direct hits before with no apparent damage!

Ruh-roh, Raggy!

Based on your endorsement of another recent post on here, my guess is we're talking about a Wilson DynaLite, and when you further say it was $100+, that extends my guess to lean towards it being an Aluminum one.

If that is true, call me Not Surprised.

Aluminum doesn't bend, at least not to the same degree as Steel or Titanium. Like Titanium, it has low density (mass) and forms an oxidation layer on its surface (skin) shortly after exposure. This is why the two metals don't corrode or decay. This oxidation layer also hampers welding, requiring swift, precise, focused welds done with careful attention to time and temperature. Sometimes, when a manufacturer is in a rush to produce a mass quantity, these welds are not consistently perfected.

Due to aluminum's low density and resistance to deform, that impacting force has to be transferred somewhere. Eventually, it gets transferred to the pads, and then anything left over goes to your face, but what's the first thing that gets it? Yup, the welds. And if there is no elasticity in the welds, they develop cracks. And once aluminum cracks, it will shear (or shatter).

Don't think that this doesn't affect Diamond aluminum masks either, because it does – I've got three weld-busted Diamond DFM's here to prove it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Umpire in Chief
      Based out of Louisville, KY Purchased by Score 451 Sports, LLC in 2006. Staff includes former and current umpires and referees The exclusive uniform supplier to Minor League Baseball and Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy. Better Business Bureau A+ Rating Visit them at Ump-Attire.com
    • By Umpire in Chief
      Made in America with the same quality construction and attention to detail that you’ve come to expect from Ump-Attire products, the Ultimate Performance umpire shirt incorporates innovative technology to keep you cool and dry, and to fight the growth of odor-causing microbes that can cause a shirt to retain odors even after going through the wash.
      Dynamic moisture-wicking technology pulls perspiration away from the body quickly to keep you cool on even the hottest days. Anti-microbial technology inhibits the growth of odor-causing microbes which can cause an umpire shirt to develop odors in your bag or in your closet, even after repeated washings. Smooth, comfortable fabric is wrinkle-resistant and also resists snagging and pilling, so you always look crisp and professional. No-holes mesh fabric provides comfortable ventilation without allowing your chest protector to show through. Available in Black, Navy and Powder Blue Staff note: Lightweight, Ultimate fabric tends to pick when in direct contact with Velcro. Be careful storing or washing items with Velcro with this shirt.

Ump-Attire products are designed, made, distributed and owned by Custom Officials Wear, which is owned by Beulah Hester. These products are not made by Ump-Attire.com. Ump-Attire.com, while not manufacturing any products itself, currently serves as the exclusive online retailer of Ump-Attire brand products.
      This product is available from Ump-Attire.com.
    • By jkumpire
      I am in the market for some cool pack to wear under my CP in the summer. I need to look more professional to keep up with you young guys. I admit it, I'm a geezer.

UA has a new set of these things, has anyone used them?

If you currently use something like this, tell me what you like and don't like about your set up.

Your comments are gratefully appreciated.

RE: http://www.ump-attir...Product_Count=9
    • By Umpire in Chief
      Umpire- Empire Member of the Month. The winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to Ump-Attire.com

Each month the members of the site will nominate then elect a member of the month. This can be based on any selection criteria you feel is important. You can consider the members entire "body of work" in making your nomination. But this is not intended to be a popularity contest.The 3 members with the most nominations and seconds will be placed in a poll for members to vote on a winner. Nominations will be open from now through the 14th of the month, voting will begin the 15th of the month through the end of the Month. Winner to be announced the beginning of the month (November).

The nomination process:
      To be eligible to nominate or vote you must have made at least 20 posts.
      You may nominate as many eligible members as you would like
      You may second as many nominees as you would like
      To nominate someone just create a post in this thread with the username of who you'd like to nominate and give a reason if you would like
      To second the nomination you can either click the like button in the original nomination or create a post seconding a nomination
      The TOP 3 nominees will be placed in a poll for voting
      If there is a tie for 3rd in the nomination process then both/all tied will be placed in the poll for the final vote.

Eligibility to be nominated:
      I (Warren/UIC) am not eligible.
      Any member nominated must have made a post in the last 30 days
      Once a member has won they are ineligible for the next 3 months

Rule 9.01 ( c) - modified
      The Umpire in Chief has authority to rule on any point not specifically covered in these rules.

UMPJM
      RichMSN
      motoUMP

are not eligible
    • By RichMSN
      On sale at Ump-Attire.com. I picked up a second pair. While I'm a convert to Zigs, I really like the comfort of these plate shoes. Got my first pair at the NCAA clinic for $79 and these for about $100 (including shipping).

"If you've been putting off buying new plate shoes now might be the time. For two days only you can save $25 off our New Balance MLB Plate Shoes."