Jump to content

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
FleasOf1000Camels

Top Three Stupid Arguements of 2017

Recommended Posts

With the season winding down, I thought I'd post the TOP THREE DUMBEST ARGUEMENTS I have heard this year

(NOT including the usual suspects...hands are part of bat, etc)

3.  DC:  "But an infield fly is automatically a dead ball."

2.  OC:  "If a players requests TIME you MUST grant his request."

1.  OC: Hey, Blue;  Courtesy runner for my catcher.

ME: But there's nobody on base.

OC:  That's my catcher batting.  Can't I run for him?

ME: Sure you can, AFTER he gets on base.

OC; So I can't sub him out NOW?

ME:  If you had an available sub (which I knew he did NOT) you could pinch-hit for him.

OC;  No, you don't understand.  I want HIM to hit, but someone ELSE to run.

ME;  Come on, Skip.  Certainly you know you can't do that. 

OC;  But once he reaches, then I CAN run for him?

ME:  Yes.

Batter hits one to gap in RC.  As he's turning the corner at first, OC start's shouting  "TIME. TIME. Courtesy runner for my catcher!"

ME; (sigh) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
41 minutes ago, stkjock said:

come on... the CR thing..........  how can any coach be that thick.......

Probably from playing too much beer league softball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kid gets hit on the forearm. "THWACK". Kid's holding his arm and he's already got a knot there.

DC - "He swung"

Me "No coach, no swing"

DC - "It hit his bat"

Me - "Coach, it clearly hit his arm"

Dc -"Oh, so now you're a doctor? You can hear the difference between a ball hitting an arm or a bat?"

Me- "No, I'm not a doctor, yes I can hear the difference, and we're done talking about it"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just remembered another that certainly could have made the list:

I'm on the plate, line drive down RF line prob would have scored 2 runs except it was foul by about a foot.

3BC: How can you call that foul?  Everybody in the ballpark could see the chalk fly.

Me: That wasn't chalk, Skip.  It must have been dust or sand.

3BC; 200 feet away and you can tell chalk from dust?

Me:  Those lines aren't chalk, they're painted.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jimurray said:

Pretty easy safe at first. Coach: "you called that before the ball got there"

If the runner was safe by enough distance / time for you to actually make a call before the ball got there, then you (probably) didn't need a call at all. So, the coach's argument, while misplaced, might be useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, noumpere said:

If the runner was safe by enough distance / time for you to actually make a call before the ball got there, then you (probably) didn't need a call at all. So, the coach's argument, while misplaced, might be useful.

No this just where they perceive you coming up to start your call before the ball gets there on a safe. But now every 1B touch needs a safe because PBUC/MLBUM wants a no call for a miss at 1B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

PBUC/MLBUM wants a no call for a miss at 1B

No one asked me and I'm sure nobody cares what I think, but this makes me sad.  It means that the defense no longer has to pay attention to whether there's a touch in order to decide whether to appeal, because they can watch for this cue from the umpire.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CJK said:

No one asked me and I'm sure nobody cares what I think, but this makes me sad.  It means that the defense no longer has to pay attention to whether there's a touch in order to decide whether to appeal, because they can watch for this cue from the umpire.

Yeah but the BR missing the base really doesn't happen that often, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2017 at 10:41 PM, FleasOf1000Camels said:

Batter hits one to gap in RC.  As he's turning the corner at first, OC start's shouting  "TIME. TIME. Courtesy runner for my catcher!"

ME; (sigh)

No way. NO WAY this is true...... Please tell me you're messing with us......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jimurray said:

No this just where they perceive you coming up to start your call before the ball gets there on a safe. But now every 1B touch needs a safe because PBUC/MLBUM wants a no call for a miss at 1B

I disagree with that conclusion.  If the runner is safe by as much as we are discussing (enough time so that the umpire *could* signal and call safe before the ball reaches F3), then there's really no "play" at first -- no play, no call.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×