Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hbk314

Hidden Ball Trick MiLB

5 posts in this topic

From about three months ago, and not the greatest video in that I don't believe it shows exactly what the pitcher was doing.

Did this ever get any discussion around here?

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Seems like BU didn't know where the ball was.  I thought he did at first, but then he turned his attention away from 3b and was not looking when the tag occurred. Chest to ball, and glance to make sure the pitcher isn't on or astride the rubber. 

R3 appeared to motion towards the pitcher after he was tagged, but we all know that players don't know the rules. He may have been saying the pitcher was on the dirt, which isn't the rule in OBR.

3 hours ago, grayhawk said:

Seems like BU didn't know where the ball was.  I thought he did at first, but then he turned his attention away from 3b and was not looking when the tag occurred. Chest to ball, and glance to make sure the pitcher isn't on or astride the rubber. 

R3 appeared to motion towards the pitcher after he was tagged, but we all know that players don't know the rules. He may have been saying the pitcher was on the dirt, which isn't the rule in OBR.

3 hours ago, Jimurray said:

Do certain minor leagues use the interpretation of the college rule in their league rather than the rule as written, in obr? 

1 hour ago, dumbdumb said:

It appears the offended manager and R3 were under that impression. I suspect they were wrong.