Your Own Personal Albatross

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2451 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Gentlemen (and Ladies) of Baseball...

If you have a favored team, and are actively following them through the course of a Major-league season, setting your hopes of a post-season appearance upon their able shoulders...

... and you hear that @Stk004 is going to be attending one of their games... Be afraid. Be very afraid. Fear the worst for your team.

Spence just attended eight games in the Northeast corner of the USA, four of them involving my beloved Milwaukee Brewers... 

... and the Brewers went 0-4 for Spencer-attended games. And, to add road salt to an open wound, likely boosted the Wellbeing Index of Washington DC by several percentage points by losing in colossal fashion to the Nationals, who belted out 8 Home Runs, with 5 coming in one inning. And, to make matters worse, each of the other three losses by the Brewers were CFB wins by the host teams. Spencer is obviously putting that Brewers Bobblehead Voodoo Doll to good use.

I give you, the albatross!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Can he head to LA sooner or later. I really need the dodgers to start losing! 

Beware Dodger fans, I've been a Mariners fan my whole life and they're on their 16th season without a playoff appearance. 

I have a 39 day streak with Spencer on snapchat and I can tell you that he takes the L's in more than baseball. 
The Mariner's game I attended with him, they lost to the Brewers. And it rained. And I saw a cyclist get creamed by a speeding car.

EDIT 12:16AM 8/3/17: he's going to reply to this with a snap I sent him of the glasses that my optometrist ordered two sizes too big and think that's clever.