Black and Blue clinics

HCueds
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2356 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

17 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I've been to a weekend clinic, and there are plenty of guys on her that have gone to the full week long, that can vouch for how good these are.

No doubt they're great. I've just had a D1 bbuc alumni buddy say not to go & just go to pro school, while another D1 bbuc ambassador say to definitely go b4 pro school. But I think I'm gonna wait another year on pro school, enjoy another season of HS while opening some doors with College guys incase that's the route I end up going. 

I've been and would go again if I weren't 58.  I did get hired in the ACCAC after attending BBUC and meeting their assigner.  I attended the 3 man clinic and it's fantastic. It's kind of weird in that I already umpire with quite a few of the instructors.  And almost all of the instructors have been minor league umpires so you'll be getting a leg up if you decide to attend pro school.  If you are just wanting to go to a 2 man mechanic school there is a very good clinic in Palm Springs right before season in January run by Brad Hungerford.  He's been to pro school, been a pro umpire and has been to regional a whole lot of times.  If you want more info on that clinic, Brad is on fb under Bradley Hungerford and I'm sure he would be happy to help you out.  Hckysogood or whatever his name is on here is the facilitator and one of the instructors for BBUC. I'm sure he would have no problem talking with you about the BBUC. Just pm him.  Hope this helps.  And don't wait too long on pro school. They usually choose young umpires for PBUC.

• Like 1

@umpstu I was planning on going to the Palm Springs camp but something came up. And yeah I'll be 21 if I do go to the academy this year, but I feel like having one more year to mature a bit more would definitely help. But if I do go and get offered a job working JuCo, and it's not too late to apply I'll definitely be going to the academy.

The offer is for this year only @BT_Blue shooter.... And the jaws theme is playing for you.  @HCueds send me a personal message and I can give you all of the details.  We have had several guys come to our camp prior to pro school I'm happy to say that almost all (save 1) has gotten a job in professional baseball.  There are several factors to look at now in pro ball which I'm sure billy would be more than happy to talk to you about. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, hckyosgood30 said:

The offer is for this year only @BT_Blue shooter.... And the jaws theme is playing for you.

Then, sadly, I will have to thank you for the generous offer. But I will not be able to attend this year. I still plan to at some time. But will not this year.

As I am staying at a Hyatt Place in Garland Tx, I am very glad of the upgrade to the new Hotel that the BBUC made. This is a great Hotel. I will be back for my 2nd year at the BBUC 3 man camp and can't say enough great things about it. Great camp, great instructors. And most of all great umpires to work with. If you are even thinking of attending, you should go. You will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, hckyosgood30 said:

The offer is for this year only @BT_Blue shooter.... And the jaws theme is playing for you.  @HCueds send me a personal message and I can give you all of the details.  We have had several guys come to our camp prior to pro school I'm happy to say that almost all (save 1) has gotten a job in professional baseball.  There are several factors to look at now in pro ball which I'm sure billy would be more than happy to talk to you about. 

HCueds, I told ya.

Then, sadly, I will have to thank you for the generous offer. But I will not be able to attend this year. I still plan to at some time. But will not this year.

I'll take it off your hands. Happy to buy it.

7 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Brutal Steve, brutal. 

I'm thinking of the poor throat guard.  I don't want it to go unused while it waits for you to FINALLY come down for this clinic.  It WANTS to get used.

Hold on a second boys.... who ever said it wasn't getting used or loved? This was purely incentive to get Arik going, since I've heard for years about "I'm going next year FOR SURE".... and then I hear of the many items that he's purchased that would've paid for the camp if he'd came... and the many searches he's had for other items.  So that is where the offer came from.  I have both a spyder throat and a shovel that I rotate on my Nike.  But if giving up a piece of gear to get someone to help themselves then I'm more than happy to do it. 

16 minutes ago, hckyosgood30 said:

Hold on a second boys.... who ever said it wasn't getting used or loved? This was purely incentive to get Arik going, since I've heard for years about "I'm going next year FOR SURE".... and then I hear of the many items that he's purchased that would've paid for the camp if he'd came... and the many searches he's had for other items.  So that is where the offer came from.  I have both a spyder throat and a shovel that I rotate on my Nike.  But if giving up a piece of gear to get someone to help themselves then I'm more than happy to do it. 

Completely understand. And is the reason I didn't say "I will go next year" again. At some point it just becomes white noise from a very broken record. I still want to go and will at some point. I attended a BBUC clinic in Redding years ago, and didn't attend anything more than local clinics until earlier this year.

I want to go. I will go. But saying "next year" hasn't worked. So I will just say "I will make it at some point... hopefully sooner rather than later." And if the Shovel is still available, I will gladly accept it. If not, then I look forward to all the information I will learn anyways.

Figured it was something like that, but you can't blame me for trying.

• 3 months later...