Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest David Knowles

Baseball Coach

Question

Situation; Bases loaded with one out. Runner on 2nd attempts to steal 3rd (forgetting 3rd base is occupied) with Runner on 3rd taking his secondary lead. Catcher receives pitch and attempts to get R3 in a rundown and R2 comes all the way to 3rd base and tags it, R3 retreats to 3rd base and is not tagged out during rundown, and I don't think both runners ever occupied 3rd base at the same time which I don't believe should matter anyway because I know they can occupy the same base until one of them is tagged out, R2 retreats to 2nd base and the opposing team fails to tag him out with all runners now occupying the base they were at this for the pitch was delivered (R1 at 1st base never attempted to advance to 2nd. Is there any ruling that there is an automatic out anywhere in this scenario. Weird situation I witnessed yesterday.

3 answers to this question

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
30 minutes ago, Guest David Knowles said:

Situation; Bases loaded with one out. Runner on 2nd attempts to steal 3rd (forgetting 3rd base is occupied) with Runner on 3rd taking his secondary lead. Catcher receives pitch and attempts to get R3 in a rundown and R2 comes all the way to 3rd base and tags it, R3 retreats to 3rd base and is not tagged out during rundown, and I don't think both runners ever occupied 3rd base at the same time which I don't believe should matter anyway because I know they can occupy the same base until one of them is tagged out, R2 retreats to 2nd base and the opposing team fails to tag him out with all runners now occupying the base they were at this for the pitch was delivered (R1 at 1st base never attempted to advance to 2nd. Is there any ruling that there is an automatic out anywhere in this scenario. Weird situation I witnessed yesterday.

There is no automatic out anywhere in your narrative.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0