Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Stk004

East Coast Stadiums

13 posts in this topic

Greetings from Baltimore! 

My mom and I are currently taking a trip to some stadiums out here on the east side of the country. We're staying with family in Baltimore at the moment, but we'll be driving around for the next two weeks. 

Our first stop, obviously, will be Camden Yards. I'm writing to you all to see if anybody has any tips/tricks/advice for the following stadiums:

PNC Park, Fenway, Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, and Nationals Park. I believe we'll be driving (and thus parking) to the games at PNC and Nationals Park, unless anybody has any transportation tips. 

And, as always, if any UE members are going to be at any of these ballparks in the next two weeks shoot me a PM and I'll let you know when I'll be in town. Oh, and we'll be making a day trip up to Cooperstown as well. 

Thanks guys! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Fenway -

Get tickets on-line to make sure you can get them.

There is parking around the stadium, but no official parking lot. Many lots in the area (charge about $60). I usually park near Gate F in a gas station parking lot.

Have fun on Yawkey Way for the pre-game. Get there early to check out all of the stuff in the street - Carnival atmosphere.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, maineump said:

Fenway -

Get tickets on-line to make sure you can get them.

There is parking around the stadium, but no official parking lot. Many lots in the area (charge about $60). I usually park near Gate F in a gas station parking lot.

Have fun on Yawkey Way for the pre-game. Get there early to check out all of the stuff in the street - Carnival atmosphere.

Thanks maineump! We're actually staying in a hotel remarkably close to Fenway, so we'll walk to the stadium. We did indeed buy tickets ahead of time for all our games to eliminate some unnecessary worry. 

We'll add Yawkey Way to the itinerary, thanks for the heads up! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stk004 said:

Greetings from Baltimore! 

My mom and I are currently taking a trip to some stadiums out here on the east side of the country. We're staying with family in Baltimore at the moment, but we'll be driving around for the next two weeks. 

Our first stop, obviously, will be Camden Yards. I'm writing to you all to see if anybody has any tips/tricks/advice for the following stadiums:

PNC Park, Fenway, Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, and Nationals Park. I believe we'll be driving (and thus parking) to the games at PNC and Nationals Park, unless anybody has any transportation tips. 

And, as always, if any UE members are going to be at any of these ballparks in the next two weeks shoot me a PM and I'll let you know when I'll be in town. Oh, and we'll be making a day trip up to Cooperstown as well. 

Thanks guys! 

Fenway:  get there really early.   Parking will be (slightly) easier, and it will give you the opportunity to experience Yawkey Way and the party atmosphere.   If you're lucky, you might run into Luis Tiante selling sandwiches and his own cigars.

Call ahead and see if you can get a tour (definitely worth it, the Red Sox Ambassadors are steeped in history of the Park and events.  Ask about the single red seat in the right-center stands).   Even the Pavillion high above right field is historic... check out the bar top up there... if they don't tell you where it's from, ask them.  Pretty cool.   Visit the Monster seats.  It's dizzying up there.  Ask why they still have a ladder that runs up the Wall.  A ladder that can't be accessed any more...  It was directly responsible for a Red Sox rally for a late-inning win just a couple of weeks ago.   If you're incredibly lucky and get a field pass for BP, ask right away if you can go inside the Wall to see the manual scoreboard.  There are countless autographs of famous players in there.

Watch batting practice.  If you're an autograph hound, it's a great opportunity to add to your collection.  Check out the Pesky Pole.   The whole Park has baseball history written all over it.   

If you like crowds, visit the Cask & Flagon bar just outside the Green Monster; before or after the game.  

Enjoy the game.  Try not to get seats behind any of the I-beams.   :(  

Consider yourself envied.   I haven't been to Fenway since 2014 and I nearly cry when I see it on TV from so far away.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BrianC14 said:

visit the Cask & Flagon bar just outside the Green Monster

required

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankee Stadium. Get there early so you can visit monument park. I believe the entrance (line) to the monuments begins down the LF line. And then get yourself some garlic fries!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Richvee said:

Yankee Stadium. Get there early so you can visit monument park. I believe the entrance (line) to the monuments begins down the LF line. And then get yourself some garlic fries!

Thanks Rich. Is that down the LF line in the stadium or LF line outside the stadium? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stk004 said:

Thanks Rich. Is that down the LF line in the stadium or LF line outside the stadium? 

Inside. ...However, you might want to make sure on this...I actually haven't been there in the new ballpark. The old park the line formed in the LF stands....Check with someone who's been to the new park....But do check it  out. So much history out there.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Nationals Park, I would take the Green Line metro from Greenbelt to Navy Yard Station (unless you are going to do other things in DC).  Or drive to Anacostia Station and it's just one stop to Navy Yard.

Camden Yards has the best ball park tour I've seen.  They take you in the umpire locker rooms and in the dugout.  If you are lucky the head groundskeeper (I think the only female in the MLB) will stop by and chat.

Monument Park is inside Yankee Stadium and opens when the gates open.  There is usually a LONG line so get there early.

I noticed you didn't mention a stop at Citizens Bank.  I'm not a fan of that park so I don't think you are missing much.

 

The one East Coast stadium I haven't been to is Marlins Park, but I'll be there next month.  Anyone with tips to that park?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice @cp9 . We'll be driving past Citizens Bank on our way from Pittsburgh to Boston but won't be visiting. I'm writing from Pittsburgh right now and I really like this city. PNC park is super cool and scenic as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am from Pittsburgh and I agree PNC Park is one of if not the best park in MLB.  Need to take incline to top of Mt Washington to fully see the 'Burgh and take a trip to the Strip District to Primanti Brothers on 18th street.  Sandwiches with fries and coleslaw on it.  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cp9 said:

I noticed you didn't mention a stop at Citizens Bank.  I'm not a fan of that park so I don't think you are missing much.

Unless you're a glutton for punishment, or in need of a shower – of beer and/or abuse – you avoid going to Philadelphia games. Worst home-city fans, collectively, in the Four Major Sports. And if we throw in MLS soccer as a fifth, I'm sure they're just as bad.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now