Register or Sign In to remove these ads
indianaumpire15

Anyone used the All Star FM4000 Mag?

10 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has used this mask and what their thoughts are on it.  Thanks.

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

You mean this mask?

I added the Mizuno throat guard and am in my 1st season with it - I give it very high marks for fit, comfort & protection.

However, I have not taken any extreme shots directly to the mask yet....uh-oh, sure jinx now ;-)

Jeff

allstar.jpg

P1010145.JPG

Sorry if my photos were too large - didn't know how to edit them for this forum.

other notes for your refernce - my previous mask (& current spare) was/is a 2001 West Vest w/2 tone pads....(now recoated by Tony at Maskit & with +POS zero-G pads).

Jeff

No, @JeBa, that's a standard FM4000. Good-lookin', but not the current belle of the ball. The standard one is hollow steel. The FM4000MAG is Magnesium alloy, and several of us are interested in just how light it truly feels.

The MAG is identified by having "fill-tabs" in the ear guards. Ya can't miss 'em.

24 minutes ago, MadMax said:

No, @JeBa, that's a standard FM4000. Good-lookin', but not the current belle of the ball. The standard one is hollow steel. The FM4000MAG is Magnesium alloy, and several of us are interested in just how light it truly feels.

The MAG is identified by having "fill-tabs" in the ear guards. Ya can't miss 'em.

You're telling me the FM4000 ISN'T titanium?!?! :wow::sarcasm:

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Stk004 said:

You're telling me the FM4000 ISN'T titanium?!?! :wow::sarcasm:

Ha! According to one particular MLBU Health & Safety Staffperson (name withheld), it is, an should be avoided like the plague.

A Wilson Shock FX is whatcha need...

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, MadMax said:

Ha! According to one particular MLBU Health & Safety Staffperson (name withheld), it is, an should be avoided like the plague.

A Wilson Shock FX is whatcha need...

Just ask Kerwin Danley

4 people like this

11 hours ago, MadMax said:

YES ...the 'fill-tabs' are ugly also, and unfortunately, ... it can't be done 'evenly' ...it looks like a mistake, but it has to be that way .....

I must admit though ...the bigger pads and wider look is kind of sweet (watching Hunter W wearing it)

1 person likes this

oops - sorry - didn't pay attention to the "MAG" part of the thread title.

I knew my mask was hollow steel.....and I'm still really liking it.

Jeff