Register or Sign In to remove these ads
conbo61

2018 Games

conbo61    618

Just received (and accepted) first round of games for spring of 2018.

Assigners are on the ball...

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Aging_Arbiter    612

holy sweet buhgeezus @conbo61!!  Any way you can have your assignor talk to my assignor?  We don't get ours until end of Feb/beginning of March.

• Like 2

Thunderheads    2,360

my first games will start hitting in September.  My assignor books a bunch of schools and as soon as he gets games, he gets them assigned right away.   Which reminds me, ... I need to update my Arbiter calendar now! :D 

conbo61    618
13 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

holy sweet buhgeezus @conbo61!!  Any way you can have your assignor talk to my assignor?  We don't get ours until end of Feb/beginning of March.

We have two assigners here.  One starts assigning now, the other will wait until it is closer to Christmas.  Naturally when games are assigned this early, changes are to be expected.  I think he just likes to have a bunch out of the way and just has to deal with a smaller number of adjustments next spring.

UmpJeff    265
1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

my first games will start hitting in September.  My assignor books a bunch of schools and as soon as he gets games, he gets them assigned right away.   Which reminds me, ... I need to update my Arbiter calendar now! :D 

Don't forget to register!  I just completed mine.  Deadline is 7/31/17 sans Late Fee...

Thunderheads    2,360
4 minutes ago, UmpJeff said:

Don't forget to register!  I just completed mine.  Deadline is 7/31/17 sans Late Fee...

yeah! LOL it's on my calendar ...so frustrating they make you pay so early!

• Like 1

conbo61    618

yeah! LOL it's on my calendar ...so frustrating they make you pay so early!

Probably based upon school year.

Justin    17

I envy you all whenever this topic comes up. I get all of my HS games a week before the season starts, and summer travel games 48-72 hours in advance.

BT_Blue    820
8 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

You and me both brother!

Mudisfun    398

2018 games? Heck I have not even registered and paid my association dues for 18 yet!

Stk004    599
On 7/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, Mudisfun said:

2018 games? Heck I have not even registered and paid my association dues for 18 yet!

I don't even have an association for 2018 yet haha. 

Cav    153

We have one HS league assignor who posted our games back in April for...wait for it...2019!  He's taking a heck of a chance assigning games to me at my age. 

• Like 3

Magic    265

You can pay in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

scrounge    1,127
54 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

WOW ...earliest ever!!! :D 

Weekday doubleheaders starting at 4 pm? No way I could make that game time...is that common up there in that godforsaken state? I hear it smells like hot dog water, but that's a tangent....do they find it hard to get umpires with such early game times?

Thunderheads    2,360
1 minute ago, scrounge said:

Weekday doubleheaders starting at 4 pm? No way I could make that game time...is that common up there in that godforsaken state? I hear it smells like hot dog water, but that's a tangent....do they find it hard to get umpires with such early game times?

you're calling Michigan a godforsaken state??!?!  LMAO!!!  Pot ...meet Kettle! :D 

Yes, ...that's common here.  Michigan has an umpire shortage period .........   But when you work here, you're doing weekday DH's at 4, and singles at 430.  Saturdays are either 11 am DHs, or noon DHs ...

kylehutson    296

4:00 is not an unusual start time in Kansas. I, fortunately, have an understanding boss.

BrianC14    422

WOW ...earliest ever!!! :D 

spring 2018 arbiter.jpg

With a shortage of umpires, and yet your varsity pay scale is even lower than ours is.   smh

• Like 1

kylehutson    296
10 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

With a shortage of umpires, and yet your varsity pay scale is even lower than ours is.   smh

And ours is lower yet (disclaimer: the image shown is equal to the most I've been paid for a varsity game, most are $50/game).

1 hour ago, BrianC14 said:

No one pays less than $62.50 here in central Indiana, all the way up to $75 per.

BrianC14    422
23 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

jv70-v84

Some areas in CT get even more than that.   Last I heard, a varsity game brought $92 +/- per umpire.

• Like 1

BrianC14    422
4 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

Some areas in CT get even more than that.   Last I heard, a varsity game brought $92 +/- per umpire.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to be paying their property taxes..... :o

• Like 1

noumpere    2,412
5 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

Yes, but they pay the assigner (and maybe some other fee) out of that, so the effective rate is less (still high, though)