Jump to content

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
conbo61

2018 Games

Recommended Posts

conbo61    618

Just received (and accepted) first round of games for spring of 2018.

Assigners are on the ball...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Aging_Arbiter    612

holy sweet buhgeezus @conbo61!!  Any way you can have your assignor talk to my assignor?  We don't get ours until end of Feb/beginning of March.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thunderheads    2,360

my first games will start hitting in September.  My assignor books a bunch of schools and as soon as he gets games, he gets them assigned right away.   Which reminds me, ... I need to update my Arbiter calendar now! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
conbo61    618
13 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

holy sweet buhgeezus @conbo61!!  Any way you can have your assignor talk to my assignor?  We don't get ours until end of Feb/beginning of March.

We have two assigners here.  One starts assigning now, the other will wait until it is closer to Christmas.  Naturally when games are assigned this early, changes are to be expected.  I think he just likes to have a bunch out of the way and just has to deal with a smaller number of adjustments next spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UmpJeff    265
1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

my first games will start hitting in September.  My assignor books a bunch of schools and as soon as he gets games, he gets them assigned right away.   Which reminds me, ... I need to update my Arbiter calendar now! :D 

Don't forget to register!  I just completed mine.  Deadline is 7/31/17 sans Late Fee...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thunderheads    2,360
4 minutes ago, UmpJeff said:

Don't forget to register!  I just completed mine.  Deadline is 7/31/17 sans Late Fee...

yeah! LOL it's on my calendar ...so frustrating they make you pay so early!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
conbo61    618
1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

yeah! LOL it's on my calendar ...so frustrating they make you pay so early!

Probably based upon school year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin    17

I envy you all whenever this topic comes up. I get all of my HS games a week before the season starts, and summer travel games 48-72 hours in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BT_Blue    820
8 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

holy sweet buhgeezus @conbo61!!  Any way you can have your assignor talk to my assignor?  We don't get ours until end of Feb/beginning of March.

You and me both brother!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mudisfun    398

2018 games? Heck I have not even registered and paid my association dues for 18 yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stk004    599
On 7/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, Mudisfun said:

2018 games? Heck I have not even registered and paid my association dues for 18 yet!

I don't even have an association for 2018 yet haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cav    153

We have one HS league assignor who posted our games back in April for...wait for it...2019!  He's taking a heck of a chance assigning games to me at my age. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magic    265
2018 games? Heck I have not even registered and paid my association dues for 18 yet!



You can pay in September.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scrounge    1,127
54 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

WOW ...earliest ever!!! :D 

Weekday doubleheaders starting at 4 pm? No way I could make that game time...is that common up there in that godforsaken state? I hear it smells like hot dog water, but that's a tangent....do they find it hard to get umpires with such early game times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thunderheads    2,360
1 minute ago, scrounge said:

Weekday doubleheaders starting at 4 pm? No way I could make that game time...is that common up there in that godforsaken state? I hear it smells like hot dog water, but that's a tangent....do they find it hard to get umpires with such early game times?

you're calling Michigan a godforsaken state??!?!  LMAO!!!  Pot ...meet Kettle! :D 

Yes, ...that's common here.  Michigan has an umpire shortage period .........   But when you work here, you're doing weekday DH's at 4, and singles at 430.  Saturdays are either 11 am DHs, or noon DHs ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kylehutson    296

4:00 is not an unusual start time in Kansas. I, fortunately, have an understanding boss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrianC14    422
1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

WOW ...earliest ever!!! :D 

 

spring 2018 arbiter.jpg

With a shortage of umpires, and yet your varsity pay scale is even lower than ours is.   smh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kylehutson    296
10 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

With a shortage of umpires, and yet your varsity pay scale is even lower than ours is.   smh

And ours is lower yet (disclaimer: the image shown is equal to the most I've been paid for a varsity game, most are $50/game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrianC14 said:

With a shortage of umpires, and yet your varsity pay scale is even lower than ours is.   smh

No one pays less than $62.50 here in central Indiana, all the way up to $75 per.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrianC14    422
23 minutes ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

jv70-v84

Some areas in CT get even more than that.   Last I heard, a varsity game brought $92 +/- per umpire.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrianC14    422
4 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

Some areas in CT get even more than that.   Last I heard, a varsity game brought $92 +/- per umpire.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to be paying their property taxes..... :o

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
noumpere    2,412
5 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

Some areas in CT get even more than that.   Last I heard, a varsity game brought $92 +/- per umpire.

Yes, but they pay the assigner (and maybe some other fee) out of that, so the effective rate is less (still high, though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×