Register or Sign In to remove these ads
mbkcoach

Reebok mask and Carlucci shins

11 posts in this topic

Found these and had to buy them. Anyone know if the Carlucci's are real?

why is the inside of the reebok that color?

guy told me these are best shins ever made. Has anyone ever tried a pair?

IMG_2146.PNG

IMG_2149.PNG

IMG_2165.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2168.JPG

1 person likes this

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Of course you got the reebok. I asked him to do a buy it now and it was gone when I woke up 

That Reebok is a Nike in disguise. It's the exact same planform that is the Nike Titanium, Nike Steel, and now Adidas Titanium and Adidas Steel. It was commissioned for a Reebok -sponsored catcher.

My "Nike"/Reebok Steel was in the exact same condition when I rescued it from eBay. My guess is that the white is the vinyl dip, and the tan is a layer of primer. Then, when they are finally Stateside, and when the client chooses the desired color, it is painted... albeit in a rush job with no real quality control. The mask is already "sold".

5 minutes ago, MadMax said:

That Reebok is a Nike in disguise. It's the exact same planform that is the Nike Titanium, Nike Steel, and now Adidas Titanium and Adidas Steel. It was commissioned for a Reebok -sponsored catcher.

My "Nike"/Reebok Steel was in the exact same condition when I rescued it from eBay. My guess is that the white is the vinyl dip, and the tan is a layer of primer. Then, when they are finally Stateside, and when the client chooses the desired color, it is painted... albeit in a rush job with no real quality control. The mask is already "sold".

That's why I wanted it. I saw it and right away I knew it was the same as a Nike 

But nobody has talked about the shins.  @Fittske24 , I may need your wisdom.  To me (and it could just be my sarcastic nature), but the pictures of the shins look like the padding is "1970's vinyl from the seat of a Chevy Caprice station Wagon, riveted in place".  Now, I'll admit that I'm not big on the history of equipment pre-1995, so I cannot speak from experience about them being the "best shins ever made".

Some of these old school guys prefer the vinyl because it does not absorb the sweat and go into the foam padding.  I think that is why they used vinyl.

I would call these shin guards authentic Carlucci ......its clearly his padding.........in his trademark Carlucci blue vinyl.  The Carlucci model embroidery is spot on authentic...........the knee caps looks spot on........its been a while since I saw a Carlucci pair  of shins........... 

When they were made they were good stuff......but the actual thing that set Carlucci apart was his gear was hand made to your Exact specifications..........the fit was totally to you.

I've seen lots of guys get injured even today by wearing ill fitting gear...........Most all of us agree that current retail gear needs some personalization to get the best results.......CP harnesses being tops on the list 

I too will side with these being authentic Carlucci. I never owned any of his gear (not for a lack of trying back when). But it for sure has all the markers of it being done by CeCe.

11 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

But nobody has talked about the shins.  @Fittske24 , I may need your wisdom.  To me (and it could just be my sarcastic nature), but the pictures of the shins look like the padding is "1970's vinyl from the seat of a Chevy Caprice station Wagon, riveted in place".  Now, I'll admit that I'm not big on the history of equipment pre-1995, so I cannot speak from experience about them being the "best shins ever made".

Carlucci hand made everything. So he utilized the materials of the date and time. I doubt anyone was "faking" Carlucci's work. So I'm pretty sure they are authentic. I don't know if I would call them the best shins ever but they certainly hold their place high on the list of must have "unobtainable" gear.  His gear is slowly becoming a unicorn like riddell powers. 

2 people like this