Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Mister B

LL Special Pinch runner

11 posts in this topic

Reading the new rule, I'm not quite clear on the twice per game part. SPR can only happen once per inning and must use a player not batting in the lineup. SPR can only happen once per game for a player batting in the lineup. So then, I'm guessing one can only use a SPR twice per game, instead of 6 times. 

Personally, I think the coaches sending in the signals is a much larger time sucker. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
4 hours ago, Mister B said:

Reading the new rule, I'm not quite clear on the twice per game part. SPR can only happen once per inning and must use a player not batting in the lineup. SPR can only happen once per game for a player batting in the lineup. So then, I'm guessing one can only use a SPR twice per game, instead of 6 times. 

Personally, I think the coaches sending in the signals is a much larger time sucker. 

 

Why would you guess? It's clearly written.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mister B said:

Reading the new rule, I'm not quite clear on the twice per game part. SPR can only happen once per inning and must use a player not batting in the lineup. SPR can only happen once per game for a player batting in the lineup. So then, I'm guessing one can only use a SPR twice per game, instead of 6 times. 

Personally, I think the coaches sending in the signals is a much larger time sucker. 

 

correct.  Twice.

 

That was the question, correct?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well - the only twice per game is true - in the tournament.

In regular season it is still once per inning - unless the local league adopts the tournament rule (see 7.14).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that is where I wasn't groking it correctly. 7.14 says nothing about twice a game and 4.04 under tournament play, it doesn't specify "no more than twice a game." It just says "Twice a game..." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mister B said:

I think that is where I wasn't groking it correctly. 7.14 says nothing about twice a game and 4.04 under tournament play, it doesn't specify "no more than twice a game." It just says "Twice a game..." 

Well - three (or more) isn't twice so where's the issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies Coach Ives.  As the OP was titled "LL Special Pinch runner".................and we are currently in "tournament play", I made the mistake of basing my answer on the current rule set in use. That also he was reading TOURNAMENT RULES.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Rich Ives said:

Well - three (or more) isn't twice so where's the issue?

Nor is once. So while the rules say you can use a SPR twice, they don't say that you can't use an SPR three times. I realize this is probably being a bit picky, but adding "No more than..." would get rid of the issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that many leagues for Majors and below (heck even Jr's around here) bat CBO all season so there is no SPR until tournament time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2017 at 4:35 PM, Mister B said:

Nor is once. So while the rules say you can use a SPR twice, they don't say that you can't use an SPR three times. I realize this is probably being a bit picky, but adding "No more than..." would get rid of the issue. 

There is no issue. You may use a SPR twice. May, not must. But three times is not twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2017 at 2:35 PM, Mister B said:

Nor is once. So while the rules say you can use a SPR twice, they don't say that you can't use an SPR three times. I realize this is probably being a bit picky, but adding "No more than..." would get rid of the issue. 

So, does this mean that if you only use a SPR once, or not at all, you get penalized at the end of the game for not doing it twice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now