Left Coast

Aging_Arbiter
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2473 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I didn't want to hi-jack @Stk004s thread, so I thought it best to start one.  Has anyone on the left coast "personally" had a game stoppage due to earthquakes?  I was stationed in CA for a couple of the larger ones in the early 90s (Northridge '94 & Landers '92).  ok, it's a slow day at work...............

Earthquakes are not like TV 99.999999% of the time. Just a little rock and roll, then finish the rest of your day. Like a loud fart, but with more destructive potential.

13 hours ago, grayhawk said:

I cant even remember the last earthquake we had that I felt.

Go ahead and jinx it, Stevie boy.  The last big one I can remember happened about 230 in the morning. Scared me very much to see my house rocking.  7.1.  Every time the AC turned on I would jump because there was always a jolt on the windows at work.

On 7/3/2017 at 8:26 AM, Aging_Arbiter said:

I didn't want to hi-jack @Stk004s thread, so I thought it best to start one.  Has anyone on the left coast "personally" had a game stoppage due to earthquakes?  I was stationed in CA for a couple of the larger ones in the early 90s (Northridge '94 & Landers '92).  ok, it's a slow day at work...............

I grew up in California, and experienced a lot of earthquakes. Funny thing was, just about every one of them happened in the middle of the night. 

I too, was there for the '94 Northridge quake. I was in a am/pm mini market and gas station in Canyon Country just a couple of miles from where the I-5 and Hwy 14 meet. That was where it collapsed, tragically taking the life of CHP officer Clarence Wayne Dean, for whom the interchange is now named after.

IMG_2172.PNG