Autographed Baseball - Looking for info

GreyhoundAggie
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2465 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hey guys. Random one here. My buddy showed me an old baseball he has that has a bunch of signatures on it, I've been able to make out Yogi Berra, Jack Reed, but can't make out the others.

If anyone can make out the other names, or let me know if the baseball looks legit I'd appreciate it. He wanted to know if it was worth anything.

565B51E3-.jpg

520368313.jpg

520368325.jpg

520368339.jpg

B72552EC-.jpg

DF7B3833-.jpg

I see Ralph Houk, Ralph Terry, Elston Howard, Tom Tresh, Bill Stafford and Hector Lopez.  Sorry, no Rogers Hornsby.

Looks like it is a ball autographed by several NY Yankees from the early 1960's.

25 minutes ago, CJK said:

I agree with the signatures that you recognized, conbo61.

But that sure does look like a Rogers Hornsby autograph. 

Not seeing it. Which photo and sig?

Mr. Hornsby died in January of 1963.

1 hour ago, CJK said:

Third picture, bottom signature.  The one under Tom Tresh.

Pretty close to this one.

Image result for Hornsby autograph

Could be. According to Wikipedia, Hornsby served as a third base coach for the Amazin's during their inaugural season (1962).

It would explain him being geographically close to the Yankee players.

Above Tom Tresh signature - looks like Clete Boyer, who was with the Yankees from '59 to '66.

6 hours ago, Senor Azul said:

That's Cletis (Clete) Boyer's signature above Tom Tresh' and shown again below the logo. I believe that's Dale Long below Hector Lopez and Elston Howard.

Yep - he was with the Yankees from '59 to '66.

6 hours ago, BrianC14 said:

What's the stamp on the ball, it looks like the five Olympic rings... and 'Johnny Walker' ?   Was this maybe a promotional item ?   (Or did all the Yankees drink scotch)?

Google "Yankees+Copacabana"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrianC14 said:

What's the stamp on the ball, it looks like the five Olympic rings... and 'Johnny Walker' ?   Was this maybe a promotional item ?   (Or did all the Yankees drink scotch)?

Pretty sure all the Yankees drank scotch back then...except Bobby Richardson, hence no autograph...;)

I'm pretty sure the Scotch brand is "Johnnie Walker" (spelling).  And the rings are upside down.

I think it's actually the word mark from Johnny Walker fishing rods!

Image result for johnny walker fishing rod

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

thought Mantle and Martin were bourbon guys.  Maybe Whitey too.

And they didn't sign either...the story is coming together 

:P