Grand Slam Batter is Out

Guest Frank
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2485 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

5 answers to this question

I'd just use "BR - FU", but that' s probably not official. ;)

Or, a 15-second search of the rule book reveals:

Rule 9.09(a )(2) Comment: The official scorer shall credit a
fielder with a putout if such fielder catches a thrown ball and
tags a base to record an out on an appeal play.

• Like 2

It would be 1-3 putout (I'm suspecting even under verbal appeal rules this is how it would be recorded)....a "one" in the At Bat column and a "zero" in the Hit column.  with three RBI's (assuming it's not third out)

35 minutes ago, Larry in TN said:

Without looking it up in the rulebook (rule 10.00 old numbering), I'd score it a HR, score 3 RBIs instead of 4, and credit the put-out to the player who made the successful appeal. 

Can't be a HR - you must touch all four bases and score to be credited with a HR 

OBR rule 9.06(d) When the batter, after making a safe hit, is called out for having failed to touch a base, the last base the batter reached safely shall determine if the official scorer shall credit him with a one-base hit, a two-base hit or a three-base hit. If a batter-runner is called out after missing home plate, the official scorer shall credit him with a three-base hit. If a batter-runner is called out for missing third base, the official scorer shall credit him with a two-base hit. If a batter-runner is called out for missing second base, the official scorer shall credit him with a one-base hit. If a batter-runner is called out for missing first base, the official scorer shall charge him with a time at bat, but no hit.