Register or Sign In to remove these ads
humanbackstop19

Throwing over dead ball territory

Is there any rule set which specifically covers or restricts a defensive player from throwing over any dead ball territory?  

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Rich Ives    956
23 minutes ago, humanbackstop19 said:

Is there any rule set which specifically covers or restricts a defensive player from throwing over any dead ball territory?  

No.  But you'd need to have an unusually shaped field to require it.

BrianC14    422
7 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

I work several fields in my area that need at least a mention of it, and that mention usually comes up when discussing ground rules.

@humanbackstop19, there's another thread about a fielder in DBT touching a live ball; some of the discussion involves throwing from DBT.  

Stk004    599
15 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

There's a specific complex here where the bullpens are in play but tucked into a sharp corner behind the tail end of the dugout. The fence goes 90 degrees into foul territory, and then angles back into the right field corner. The home coach always tries to tell us that players can't throw over the corner created by the end of the dugout/start of the bullpen, but we just establish that that area is in fact in play. And then, if it were to ever come up (which I've yet to see), we would just treat it as any other part of the field. 

And don't even get me started on the amount of times I hear "catch and carry." :Facepalm:

• Like 1