Bears!

Rulekeep
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2394 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

It's 11:57 PM. My foster sister just ran into my room and interrupted House of Cards to drag me into the garage. Original and edited-for-clarity pictures of the beastie dragging recycling across the yard taken from my iPhone in low light. Pretty sure this is the same bear I saw dodging on the nearby highway this evening whilst riding the metro. 

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, umpstu said:

I mean the bear is eating out of the recycling.

Bears will eat anything. They're not shy either. I've posted about one at a Legion game here, and they also get on top of buildings and walk into bars downtown. Tourists asking me about them always make me think of that passage from Dear Mr. Henshaw where the kid talks about the stupid tourist feeding a bear a cupcake. 

49 minutes ago, Rulekeep said:

every morning I wake up and say "why, god? why am I fond of these people?"

Hmm, one of my friends in college said he woke up, looked in the mirror and said "damn, why'd God have to make me so beautiful!"

One of you is doing it right :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rulekeep said:

every morning I wake up and say "why, god? why am I fond of these people?"

Must be our bubbly personalities and incredible wit.... 

After all you do keep coming back..:HD:

Hope all is well.

5 hours ago, udbrky said:

Hmm, one of my friends in college said he woke up, looked in the mirror and said "damn, why'd God have to make me so beautiful!"

One of you is doing it right :)

Well I can't wait for tomorrow, because I get better looking every day. ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beerguy55 said:

There were people idiots out of their cars standing within 20 feet of this dude trying to get a good photo.

Reminds me of the time when they thought Mt. St. Helens might erupt again. People drove up there for a better view. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, beerguy55 said:

I took this shot out of my truck window last week near Banff.   There were people idiots out of their cars standing within 20 feet of this dude trying to get a good photo.

19424263_10155567033593243_7546444748876767091_n.jpg

I'm coming up to Waterton in about 6 weeks. Was planning to go to Banff, but too much to do in too little time.

Last year I was in the Tetons and there was a herd of bison crossing the highway. A bunch of morons got out of their vehicles to take pictures WAYYYY too close.

48 minutes ago, kylehutson said:

I'm coming up to Waterton in about 6 weeks. Was planning to go to Banff, but too much to do in too little time.

Last year I was in the Tetons and there was a herd of bison crossing the highway. A bunch of morons got out of their vehicles to take pictures WAYYYY too close.

Waterton's nice and enough to do there without worrying about the 3+ hour drive to Banff.  Windy though.  

I have a picture of a buffalo licking my truck bumper in Yellowstone - there was nfw I was getting out of my truck to, again, join the morons who were standing on the street taking photos of the herd.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

Always got a good laugh at that one. Also the "can I get a hot tub?" one.

• 1 month later...

My county is well known for bears and in particular the facility where my wife works. Here are some cool bear pics she has sent me over the years. They go on lock-down about once a month when a bear gets too close to her building. This spring she had bear paw prints in the pollen on her car Amazingly, I have never seen a wild bear in our county I've seen dead ones hit by cars, I've seen prints, I've seen scat and I've seen them in the back of friends trucks. 

I cant find the picture immediately, but she had one come right up to her office window and press it's nose to the window. 

Bear062314143214USA2.jpg

20150708_115238.jpg

2012-11-27_10-18-41_606.jpg

2012-11-27_10-18-29_478.jpg

2012-11-27_10-17-58_409.jpg

2012-11-27_10-18-02_649.jpg

2012-11-27_10-17-23_34.jpg