Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Rulekeep

Bears!

24 posts in this topic

It's 11:57 PM. My foster sister just ran into my room and interrupted House of Cards to drag me into the garage. Original and edited-for-clarity pictures of the beastie dragging recycling across the yard taken from my iPhone in low light. Pretty sure this is the same bear I saw dodging on the nearby highway this evening whilst riding the metro. 

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
24 minutes ago, Rulekeep said:

y'all are rude.

The bears don't mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rulekeep said:

y'all are rude.

Thank you!!!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, maven said:

The bears don't mind.

I mean the bear is eating out of the recycling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, umpstu said:

I mean the bear is eating out of the recycling.

Bears will eat anything. They're not shy either. I've posted about one at a Legion game here, and they also get on top of buildings and walk into bars downtown. Tourists asking me about them always make me think of that passage from Dear Mr. Henshaw where the kid talks about the stupid tourist feeding a bear a cupcake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rulekeep said:

Bears will eat anything. 

Including things that make them belch.  Bears repeating.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every morning I wake up and say "why, god? why am I fond of these people?"

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Rulekeep said:

every morning I wake up and say "why, god? why am I fond of these people?"

Hmm, one of my friends in college said he woke up, looked in the mirror and said "damn, why'd God have to make me so beautiful!"

 

One of you is doing it right :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rulekeep said:

every morning I wake up and say "why, god? why am I fond of these people?"

Must be our bubbly personalities and incredible wit.... 

After all you do keep coming back..:HD:

Hope all is well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, udbrky said:

Hmm, one of my friends in college said he woke up, looked in the mirror and said "damn, why'd God have to make me so beautiful!"

 

One of you is doing it right :)

Well I can't wait for tomorrow, because I get better looking every day. ;)

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took this shot out of my truck window last week near Banff.   There were people idiots out of their cars standing within 20 feet of this dude trying to get a good photo.

19424263_10155567033593243_7546444748876767091_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, beerguy55 said:

There were people idiots out of their cars standing within 20 feet of this dude trying to get a good photo.

Reminds me of the time when they thought Mt. St. Helens might erupt again. People drove up there for a better view. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, beerguy55 said:

I took this shot out of my truck window last week near Banff.   There were people idiots out of their cars standing within 20 feet of this dude trying to get a good photo.

19424263_10155567033593243_7546444748876767091_n.jpg

I'm coming up to Waterton in about 6 weeks. Was planning to go to Banff, but too much to do in too little time.

Last year I was in the Tetons and there was a herd of bison crossing the highway. A bunch of morons got out of their vehicles to take pictures WAYYYY too close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, kylehutson said:

I'm coming up to Waterton in about 6 weeks. Was planning to go to Banff, but too much to do in too little time.

Last year I was in the Tetons and there was a herd of bison crossing the highway. A bunch of morons got out of their vehicles to take pictures WAYYYY too close.

Waterton's nice and enough to do there without worrying about the 3+ hour drive to Banff.  Windy though.  

I have a picture of a buffalo licking my truck bumper in Yellowstone - there was nfw I was getting out of my truck to, again, join the morons who were standing on the street taking photos of the herd.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He comes into my thread, one ups me with his bear photo like he can out-Alaska me. Oh yeah? Here was the sick ride I saw on the highway yesterday!

 

boat.JPG

boat2.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now