Register or Sign In to remove these ads
kylejt

Jim, we need you now

15 posts in this topic

Honig's is on life support, and it's time to put them out of our misery.

You need to find a way to be the new official supplier to Little League for 2018. Yeah, I'm not going to stop harping on this.

Smitty needs to put their logo on their new golf pants (back, right hip for best visibility), and they need to be on ESPN/ABC live from Williamsport, so the largest umpire group on the planet will see them. They also need come up with a new jersey design or two, exclusively for LL. Oh, and you need to be the exclusive retailer.

Signed,

Every Little League umpire on Earth.

5 people like this

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Why is it such a good thing to have Honig's go out of business?  It actually sucks.  I've never had any issues with them or any other online dealers before.  Why would you wish bad upon somebody?

I don't think anyone is wishing that they go out of business, but over the last year, I can say that they've been stagnating.

I went to their outlet in Salem Oregon last May and they had already cleared out all baseball gear. I placed an order online and after 2 hours of trying couldn't get their system to accept it. Called 2 days later and ordered on the phone. The order took 4 days to ship. I just ordered a couple of their bullet pencils. When I got them the erasers were dried out. Tried calling, but kept getting dumped into VM, left 2 messages and never got a response. 

Looks like they were bought out by somebody, but I would think that somebody would at least let us know who. Perhaps UA is trying a stealth move to displace Wilson. Who knows? 

8 hours ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

adding tag @JimKirk to call his attention to Kyle's request/suggestion

Pretty sure he already knows.

4 hours ago, Mister B said:

I just ordered a couple of their bullet pencils. When I got them the erasers were dried out.

I never got a bullet pencil where the eraser wasn't dried out.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, kylejt said:

Honig's is on life support, and it's time to put them out of our misery.

You need to find a way to be the new official supplier to Little League for 2018. Yeah, I'm not going to stop harping on this.

Smitty needs to put their logo on their new golf pants (back, right hip for best visibility), and they need to be on ESPN/ABC live from Williamsport, so the largest umpire group on the planet will see them. They also need come up with a new jersey design or two, exclusively for LL. Oh, and you need to be the exclusive retailer.

Signed,

Every Little League umpire on Earth.

As another one of the LL guys on here, I'd be happy to be a beta tester. :)

6 hours ago, Mister B said:

I don't think anyone is wishing that they go out of business, but over the last year, I can say that they've been stagnating.

I went to their outlet in Salem Oregon last May and they had already cleared out all baseball gear. I placed an order online and after 2 hours of trying couldn't get their system to accept it. Called 2 days later and ordered on the phone. The order took 4 days to ship. I just ordered a couple of their bullet pencils. When I got them the erasers were dried out. Tried calling, but kept getting dumped into VM, left 2 messages and never got a response. 

Looks like they were bought out by somebody, but I would think that somebody would at least let us know who. Perhaps UA is trying a stealth move to displace Wilson. Who knows? 

Putting them out of their misery seems to imply that he wants them to go away, which means out of business.

On 6/16/2017 at 11:54 AM, kylejt said:

I appreciate the good words. WE WOULD LOVE TO BE THE OFFICIAL SUPPLIER OF LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL. We have tried on numerous occasions to reach out to multiple people there. No one there has ever gotten back to us.

If you have a specific contact/know someone, have them contact us.

15 hours ago, JimKirk said:

I appreciate the good words. WE WOULD LOVE TO BE THE OFFICIAL SUPPLIER OF LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL. We have tried on numerous occasions to reach out to multiple people there. No one there has ever gotten back to us.

If you have a specific contact/know someone, have them contact us.

I know a few guys going back to WP this year. I know the "the guy" out West, and will probably see him this weekend. I'll work my connections, Jim.

The rumor I heard (think it is more that rumor since the guy I was speaking with knows the principal) was Honigs was purchased in whole by an NFL ref and will be reemerging very soon after completing all of their movement. The new plan from what I understand is to be a pretty much exclusive internet/mail business model versus the combination of local outlets and internet/mail.