LLI Juniors Division - Odd - but legal?

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2480 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I know strange doesn't mean illegal, this was a pitcher we faced the other night, I wasn't sure what to make up of his windup position.  After reviewing the rules, it seems ok, the umpires seemed ok with it as it was never discussed.  Curious on others view.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, txump81 said:

Along the same lines...from windup the non-pivot foot cannot be entirely in front of rubber correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Incorrect.

The non-pivot foot is "free".  Put it anywhere you want to put it.  LL Rule 8.01.   OBR rule 5.07(a )(1)

29 minutes ago, txump81 said:

Along the same lines...from windup the non-pivot foot cannot be entirely in front of rubber correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Do not use FED rules to call LL, PONY or any other OBR venue. 

2 minutes ago, Jimurray said:

Yes, isn't the pivot heel touching the corner of the plate? Everything is white. But if you discern a gap I would tell him to be in contact.

Oh, that's possible. I can't 100% tell but my first impression was that he's off the rubber..... @stkjock ?

1 minute ago, Stk004 said:

Oh, that's possible. I can't 100% tell but my first impression was that he's off the rubber..... @stkjock ?

I didn't have a great angle in real time to see if it was, if I had to say yes or no, I'd lean to yes that both feet were in contact, most of the time, I only grabbed the one video so I don't have other reference evidence. 

1 hour ago, Larry in TN said:

Portrait orientation is for letters, landscape is for videos and pictures.  Just saying...

agreed, however, working the book at the same time and getting clips of the batter as well was a bit of a juggling act. :D 

• 3 weeks later...