Honig's

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2453 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 3 weeks later...

I placed an order on 6/7... I am still waiting on a shipment date.  I tried to cancel and have sent two emails and one message left over the phone - with no response yet.  My card hasn't been charged, but my order status shows "Ticket Printed".  

This is ridiculous!  I won't be ordering again if this is their new service experience.

12 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

I placed an order on 6/7... I am still waiting on a shipment date.  I tried to cancel and have sent two emails and one message left over the phone - with no response yet.  My card hasn't been charged, but my order status shows "Ticket Printed".  

This is ridiculous!  I won't be ordering again if this is their new service experience.

Six days ?!   Wow.   That. Is. Not. Good.  smh

20 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

Six days ?!   Wow.   That. Is. Not. Good.  smh

Update:

I just called again and actually connected with a person!   There was an item on my order that was out of stock (no more coming in either).  For the record, they were Reebok Zigs field shoes in size 11.  The website has them showing as in-stock for both Black and B&W.  Anyhow, they held the entire order and never let me know because they "didn't want to bother me at work" per the lady I spoke with just now.  The log jam is now removed, so they say they'll ship it today and I should have by this weekend.

I like Honig's, but I'm not sure I will continue working with them if they can't get it together. This is not acceptable. I'm not looking for a handout, but come on - you held my order for a week and didn't offer me anything.

I guess I'll have to start using Jim Kirk and Ump Attire. I've heard only the good about them.  I really like Purchase Officials too, but their gear offering is limited to only the main brands, so they pretty much are my uniform supply guys. 

• Like 1

Apparently they were "sold to a group in Colorado." No one in my association has been able to get a hat order fulfilled by them (including me, going back to March). 

As a result, my association switched to Gerry Davis for our hat orders.

I'm completely done trying to order anything through Honig's ever again, hats or otherwise. I'd suggest everyone else save themselves some frustration and do the same. I called/emailed about a dozen times over a month period and received zero reply.

On 5/24/2017 at 11:59 PM, BrianC14 said:

You nailed it.  Consider Sears.   They were once the king of catalog sales.   Decades before the internet, (mid 1960s) I can remember my Mom going to a "Sears store" that was no bigger than our kitchen, and placing order for blue jeans, shirts, Craftsman tools for Dad's birthday, etc. etc.    A couple of weeks later she'd get a telephone call telling her "Your order is in at Sears".    The next day (or two) she would drive over to the neighboring town and pick up the goods.    What is Sears today?  Two floors of mall space, and no customers.   Had they gone back to their roots maybe 20 years ago, they wouldn't be facing what the are having to face:   that Sears may soon be 100% shuttered.   Times change.   They didn't.   And there's a laundry list of big retailers that are facing the same fate.    Even the once-venerable LL Bean tried the brick and mortar stores.   They are quickly wishing they hadn't, and they won't be able to keep up with the likes of Amazon.     

And Blockbuster once laughed at Netflix.

• Like 2

Still waiting on my Honigs order to ship.

I've called twice today to cancel it, still waiting. Assured by Jenna and Carrie that Sharon has it on her desk and will cancel it by end of today. She's been busy and away from her desk all day they tell me.

Never again...

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

I've called twice today to cancel it, still waiting. Assured by Jenna and Carrie that Sharon has it on her desk and will cancel it by end of today. She's been busy and away from her desk all day they tell me.

Never again...

Worse than I experienced and imagined.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:16 PM, Hkepuck said:

Apparently they were "sold to a group in Colorado." No one in my association has been able to get a hat order fulfilled by them (including me, going back to March). 

As a result, my association switched to Gerry Davis for our hat orders.

I'm completely done trying to order anything through Honig's ever again, hats or otherwise. I'd suggest everyone else save themselves some frustration and do the same. I called/emailed about a dozen times over a month period and received zero reply.

Our high school assn. (state wide) is ordering hats, shirts and jackets from All Sports East. They have given a group rate. I use these guys often and the service is outstanding, they usually ship the same day. They give discounts as well (like NASO membership).

Frank is also an umpire and knows what we go through.

I used to use Honig's, but after my card got compromised, I am done.

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

Never again...

Kudos to you for even navigating their website.   Wow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrianC14 said:

From their website:

Honigs Moves to a New Facility
Honigs has moved to a state of the art facility located in Denver, Co.  This facility will allow us to better serve you, our clients with the highest value and exceptional service.

"Better," perhaps. Good? Nuh-uh.

2 hours ago, Mister B said:

I like the Honig's shirts, not sure who to turn to on that front. 

Last shirt I bought  (May 2017) was  Smitty brand, purchasedfrom ump-attire.  Best shirt I've got, including a Majestic and Honig's, the latter of which has sleeves that are very short. 

On 6/14/2017 at 10:15 PM, Mister B said:

I like the Honig's shirts, not sure who to turn to on that front. 

This is why I'm leading the effort to persuade TheOfficialsChoice to better define their catalog, clean up and tighten up their website, and introduce a long-sleeve version of a few select colors.

... even though I only used my long-sleeve 2010 Black Honig's shirt twice... in January... here in Arizona.

38 minutes ago, MadMax said:

This is why I'm leading the effort to persuade TheOfficialsChoice to better define their catalog, clean up and tighten up their website, and introduce a long-sleeve version of a few select colors.

... even though I only used my long-sleeve 2010 Black Honig's shirt twice... in January... here in Arizona.

Have you been able to get Paul to respond to you? I've emailed him from time to time in the past, but he rarely responds. One time I emailed him suggesting a couple of new color suggestions, he never responded, but a few weeks after the suggestion, he was taking pre-orders for the colors and eventually stocked them. Never a word from him. At times he's very quick to ship orders out, and at times he takes forever, if at all. 

On 6/13/2017 at 3:06 PM, wolfe_man said:

I guess I'll have to start using Jim Kirk and Ump Attire. I've heard only the good about them. 

UA is as good as it gets. Excellent service and attention, and if there is a problem, Jim often addresses it and lets people know right here on U-E. Other dealers might be as good, but no one I've dealt with is better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LRZ said:

UA is as good as it gets. Excellent service and attention, and if there is a problem, Jim often addresses it and lets people know right here on U-E. Other dealers might be as good, but no one I've dealt with is better.

That's for sure.   Another example:   I placed an order this morning for a few odds and ends; certainly not a huge order by any stretch.

Within a minute I had an auto-email that confirmed the order and everything in the order was listed.

Less than an hour later I had another email that confirmed that the order was being processed.

About an hour after that I received another email that the order had been shipped, and I was provided with a USPS tracking number.

That rates an A+ for service in my book.   Thank you, ump-attire.com

• Like 6

On 6/16/2017 at 0:56 PM, BrianC14 said:

That's for sure.   Another example:   I placed an order this morning for a few odds and ends; certainly not a huge order by any stretch.

Within a minute I had an auto-email that confirmed the order and everything in the order was listed.

Less than an hour later I had another email that confirmed that the order was being processed.

About an hour after that I received another email that the order had been shipped, and I was provided with a USPS tracking number.

That rates an A+ for service in my book.   Thank you, ump-attire.com

And to follow-up the kudos above, the goods arrived today error-free, and just three days from the day I ordered.   Thanks again to Ump-Attire.com !

• Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 9:36 AM, MadMax said:

Probably only used it because you spent the money and felt obligated.  I'm in the same boat here in the Coachella Valley.  122 here yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

I met the new owner of Honig's a week or so at a TB tourney... he introduced himself and asked for a couple minutes of my partner and my time. We chatted about the current state of customer service, the clunky web interface and limited availability of other than their signature products. He was very receptive of the critique and seemed very interested in making changes to get their house in order. Time will tell but we did mention that other competitors (thinking of @JimKirk) have STELLAR service and have an excellent reputation so at the moment they have a ton of work to do to try and earn their prior customer base back.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mudisfun said:

I met the new owner of Honig's a week or so at a TB tourney... he introduced himself and asked for a couple minutes of my partner and my time. We chatted about the current state of customer service, the clunky web interface and limited availability of other than their signature products. He was very receptive of the critique and seemed very interested in making changes to get their house in order. Time will tell but we did mention that other competitors (thinking of @JimKirk) have STELLAR service and have an excellent reputation so at the moment they have a ton of work to do to try and earn their prior customer base back.

"TB tourney"  - tee-ball tournament?  :HD:

• Like 1