Congrats to Laurie

dumbdumb
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2503 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Here we go.

Hurray for Arkansas.

Let's here from other states.

Many, many more games all over the country in amateur ball than pro ball.

You got the feeder system with softball.

What about NCAA D1 and the softball feeder system.

Where is that recruiting arm.

How actively are all Professional umpires associations of amateur baseball players recruiting other Lauries.

Where are you dads supporting your little girls with equal opportunity, equal pay, no glass ceiling, to be the best they can be since all men's sports are considered the pedestal for officiating, and provide the highest levels of financial gain for those opportunities and hard work.

Wouldn't you be proud to see your daughter at the NCAA D1 baseball world series, High School State Finals or the highest level. MLB.

Where are the dads of the daughters and their little girls.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2017/may/21/baseball-adkins-first-female-to-umpire-/?sports-prep

Crank up that recruiting end. It says there are not enough officials in many areas. More than one article over the past month about lack of umpires.

Why were they rolling their eyes to start with. What is it with you guys.

Once again congrats to Laurie.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DumbDumb, I don't know why you have to write the OP as though it is a "reprimand" to males across the country. We, here in middle Tennessee, have begged women to get involved in both coaching and officiating baseball for the 19 years I have lived here. We have had exactly 2 female baseball coaches and 3 female baseball umpires over those 19 years. One of our female umpires pre-dates me, but she won't call anything above 8u. Same with one of the other two who joined 3 years ago. So, one female umpire in 19 years to don the mask — and she moved away after one year 

I'll speak for our area only: We have gone to extremes to pull women into this sport, and they either ignore us, or politely decline. That, however, has never stopped them from criticizing us.

The lack of participation is no one's fault but their own.