All American?

blue32
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2518 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question for all you gear junkies. I know someone that is wanting to get rid of some equipment. He has an All American hard shell cp and a mask. I remember people mentioning the cp here, but can't find much in way of value. It's the one with the Velcro tabs holding the plates on. And I didn't even know they made a mask. Are these items run of the mill, or in rarefied air?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They only carry other brands now. The protector I am referring to is the one that had the plates held on with the Velcro tabs, like the west vest, but are no longer made because of the patent infringement. I was just checking to see if anyone knows what they may be worth.

thanks again for any insight anyone may have!

6 hours ago, blue32 said:

They only carry other brands now. The protector I am referring to is the one that had the plates held on with the Velcro tabs, like the west vest, but are no longer made because of the patent infringement. I was just checking to see if anyone knows what they may be worth.

thanks again for any insight anyone may have!

They seemed to be popping up all over eBay a while back. I haven't checked eBay in a long time but they seemed to be selling around $80. I've never actually seen one in person so I can't speak to quality or protection. 

I've got the V-Sport, which is very similar. I paid $90 shipped on ebay for that, a Honig's mask, v-sport shins, a couple Honig's bags, a couple indicators and a couple brushes and a small brim cap. While the V-Sport is very warm, it's great for me. I've taken a couple right to the chest and it's done it's job. 

If the pads are still in good shape, it's a great starter CP.