Register or Sign In to remove these ads
JSam21

Nutty Buddy Question

johnnyg08    1,498

The NB floating is definitely a paradigm shift for many. If NB has a product in place to sub for the jock, then use it, but I've used the original NB/Jock set up exclusively for years. Typically it's best to follow the manufacturer's advice.

Here's my order:

Compression shorts

Full length compression

NB Jock

Insert NB

Plate pants

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
gnhbua93    989
It actually fits fine in the McDavid with the floating cup pocket or the generic tights from btlofficialsgear.com.

www.btlofficialsgear.com under new administration and state

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

slo8140    122
9 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

The NB floating is definitely a paradigm shift for many. If NB has a product in place to sub for the jock, then use it, but I've used the original NB/Jock set up exclusively for years. Typically it's best to follow the manufacturer's advice.

Here's my order:

Compression shorts

Full length compression

NB Jock

Insert NB

Plate pants

I do this as well. Never an issue.

• Like 1

umpstu    689
8 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said:

www.btlofficialsgear.com under new administration and state

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I just got on there.

BrianC14    422
12 hours ago, Fullcount32 said:

After several different variations of trying the NB as described above I've decided to go with the Shock Doctor with Jock. The NBs floating design just didn't give me the confidence I needed behind the plate. I like my junk covered and secured and protected always. The NB when in the Hands on knees position for me would uncover the jewels at the bottom and when you have them uncovered gravity takes over... then they are susceptible to being crushed with contact. I found the NB with Jock outside compression to be the worst protection and the Jock and NB under compression to offer the best but still falling short to the Shock Doctor with Jock because everything stays where it should (fully encapsulated behind cup) even when down in the squat position for delivery of the ball.

That being said I have a standard "Trophy" and a flex "Mongo" Nutty buddy for sale never used in a game if anyone is interested.

Try the Thunderheads method.   

Hawkman    25

Already a lot of advice here. I wear the Nutty Buddy. I have their compression shorts with the cup pocket and the jock. Without question, the best way to wear it is over the top of a pair of compression shorts and under the jock. Most comfortable and stays in the right place. I found it didn't sit right inside the cup pocket of the compression shorts. Use the jock on top of compression shorts.

KenBAZ    377
Already a lot of advice here. I wear the Nutty Buddy. I have their compression shorts with the cup pocket and the jock. Without question, the best way to wear it is over the top of a pair of compression shorts and under the jock. Most comfortable and stays in the right place. I found it didn't sit right inside the cup pocket of the compression shorts. Use the jock on top of compression shorts.

Or compression tights. Why add more unnecessary layers?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BrianC14    422

Brothers, let me sing the praises of the Nutty Buddy !     

Took a "straight up to the A-frame" foul ball tonight.     (Insert your personal 'cringe' here)

Walked up the 1B line a bit, tossed a new ball to F1.   

Let's play.

For me, this was a relatively new method of wearing the Nutty Buddy, thanks to @Thunderheads for the idea:

1) Absorbent boxer/briefs

2) Regular athletic supporter with Nutty Buddy inserted

3) Regular leggings/tights over the top.

Comfort and protection, right there.

:)

• Like 2

ElkOil    694
1 hour ago, BrianC14 said:

Took a "straight up to the A-frame" foul ball tonight.     (Insert your personal 'cringe' here)

Let's play.

For me, this was a relatively new method of wearing the Nutty Buddy, thanks to @Thunderheads for the idea:

I've been a convert since I first saw their demo videos, so you don't have to convince me!  I once took a shot on a bouncer to the plate. The ball hit so hard people in the stands gasped. I didn't even flinch! THAT'S SOME CLASS-A PROTECTION, RIGHT THERE.

• Like 2

Thunderheads    2,360
8 hours ago, BrianC14 said:

Let's play.

Great Brian, glad it worked!! :nod: 

Let me expound on #1 .....  what is mean by "absorbent boxer briefs" is ....  the "athletic/sport/moisture wicking boxer brief" ...for me it's a longer leg version....

maybe something like this......

https://www.amazon.com/Adidas-Climalite-Performance-Underwear-3-Pack/dp/B01AX7N8MG

• Like 1

Umpire in Chief    1,369

I want to say there was a video once upon a time showing to wear the NB between the compression shorts and jock. 

• Like 1

th3    271
On 5/7/2017 at 11:25 AM, johnnyg08 said:

Here's my order:

Compression shorts

Full length compression

NB Jock

Insert NB

Plate pants

my set up as well

txump81    20

Boxer briefs
NB
Jock
Compression shorts or tights depending on plate or base

Took one off the dirt behind the regular cup. NB since then. Luckily, haven't had to test it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Mr Ump    156

After trying many different combos I have settled in on this order;

from the skin out,

1. athletic briefs

2. Force 3 Kevlar tights with Nutty Buddy installed in the cup pocket

3. Nutty Buddy Compression shorts

Finally the Nutty stopped moving on me....I don't like the floating concept.........

udbrky    240

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-MMA-Compression-Black-X-Large/dp/B00CKXYWI6/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1494603004&sr=8-34&keywords=athletic+cup

These come highly recommended by former Cubs catcher and recreational MMA fighter John Baker. It's a bit more than the NB, but if it replaces a couple layers, it's not really that much more.

BrianC14    422
On 5/12/2017 at 9:31 AM, udbrky said:

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-MMA-Compression-Black-X-Large/dp/B00CKXYWI6/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1494603004&sr=8-34&keywords=athletic+cup

These come highly recommended by former Cubs catcher and recreational MMA fighter John Baker. It's a bit more than the NB, but if it replaces a couple layers, it's not really that much more.

$89 !!??!!   Yow.

udbrky    240

Wore mine today:

Compression shorts
Jock
Smitty Poly Spandex

It wasn't sitting right for at least the 1st 2 innings. The extra layer of the tights definitely help hold a lot, but it was 90 and I wanted less clothes on.

BrianC14    422
On 5/10/2017 at 0:16 PM, Umpire in Chief said:

I want to say there was a video once upon a time showing to wear the NB between the compression shorts and jock. 

Is that the one that has the inventor standing on a bench taking baseballs from a pitching machine?   Great stuff.