Register or Sign In to remove these ads
JSam21

Nutty Buddy Question

45 posts in this topic

The NB floating is definitely a paradigm shift for many. If NB has a product in place to sub for the jock, then use it, but I've used the original NB/Jock set up exclusively for years. Typically it's best to follow the manufacturer's advice.

Here's my order:

Compression shorts

Full length compression

NB Jock

Insert NB

Plate pants

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
It actually fits fine in the McDavid with the floating cup pocket or the generic tights from btlofficialsgear.com.


www.btlofficialsgear.com under new administration and state

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

The NB floating is definitely a paradigm shift for many. If NB has a product in place to sub for the jock, then use it, but I've used the original NB/Jock set up exclusively for years. Typically it's best to follow the manufacturer's advice.

Here's my order:

Compression shorts

Full length compression

NB Jock

Insert NB

Plate pants

 

I do this as well. Never an issue.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said:

 


www.btlofficialsgear.com under new administration and state

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
 

 

I just got on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fullcount32 said:

After several different variations of trying the NB as described above I've decided to go with the Shock Doctor with Jock. The NBs floating design just didn't give me the confidence I needed behind the plate. I like my junk covered and secured and protected always. The NB when in the Hands on knees position for me would uncover the jewels at the bottom and when you have them uncovered gravity takes over... then they are susceptible to being crushed with contact. I found the NB with Jock outside compression to be the worst protection and the Jock and NB under compression to offer the best but still falling short to the Shock Doctor with Jock because everything stays where it should (fully encapsulated behind cup) even when down in the squat position for delivery of the ball.

That being said I have a standard "Trophy" and a flex "Mongo" Nutty buddy for sale never used in a game if anyone is interested.

Try the Thunderheads method.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already a lot of advice here. I wear the Nutty Buddy. I have their compression shorts with the cup pocket and the jock. Without question, the best way to wear it is over the top of a pair of compression shorts and under the jock. Most comfortable and stays in the right place. I found it didn't sit right inside the cup pocket of the compression shorts. Use the jock on top of compression shorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Already a lot of advice here. I wear the Nutty Buddy. I have their compression shorts with the cup pocket and the jock. Without question, the best way to wear it is over the top of a pair of compression shorts and under the jock. Most comfortable and stays in the right place. I found it didn't sit right inside the cup pocket of the compression shorts. Use the jock on top of compression shorts.

Or compression tights. Why add more unnecessary layers?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brothers, let me sing the praises of the Nutty Buddy !     

Took a "straight up to the A-frame" foul ball tonight.     (Insert your personal 'cringe' here)

Walked up the 1B line a bit, tossed a new ball to F1.   

Let's play.

For me, this was a relatively new method of wearing the Nutty Buddy, thanks to @Thunderheads for the idea:

1) Absorbent boxer/briefs

2) Regular athletic supporter with Nutty Buddy inserted

3) Regular leggings/tights over the top.

Comfort and protection, right there.

 

:)

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrianC14 said:

Brothers, let me sing the praises of the Nutty Buddy !     

Took a "straight up to the A-frame" foul ball tonight.     (Insert your personal 'cringe' here)

Walked up the 1B line a bit, tossed a new ball to F1.   

Let's play.

For me, this was a relatively new method of wearing the Nutty Buddy, thanks to @Thunderheads for the idea:

1) Absorbent boxer/briefs

2) Regular athletic supporter with Nutty Buddy inserted

3) Regular leggings/tights over the top.

Comfort and protection, right there.

 

:)

 

I've been a convert since I first saw their demo videos, so you don't have to convince me!  I once took a shot on a bouncer to the plate. The ball hit so hard people in the stands gasped. I didn't even flinch! THAT'S SOME CLASS-A PROTECTION, RIGHT THERE.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BrianC14 said:

Brothers, let me sing the praises of the Nutty Buddy !     

Took a "straight up to the A-frame" foul ball tonight.     (Insert your personal 'cringe' here)

Walked up the 1B line a bit, tossed a new ball to F1.   

Let's play.

For me, this was a relatively new method of wearing the Nutty Buddy, thanks to @Thunderheads for the idea:

1) Absorbent boxer/briefs

2) Regular athletic supporter with Nutty Buddy inserted

3) Regular leggings/tights over the top.

Comfort and protection, right there.

 

:)

 

Great Brian, glad it worked!! :nod: 

Let me expound on #1 .....  what is mean by "absorbent boxer briefs" is ....  the "athletic/sport/moisture wicking boxer brief" ...for me it's a longer leg version....

maybe something like this......

https://www.amazon.com/Adidas-Climalite-Performance-Underwear-3-Pack/dp/B01AX7N8MG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, same thing, different brand though.   I found a similar product at Costco, made by Champion.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to say there was a video once upon a time showing to wear the NB between the compression shorts and jock. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2017 at 11:25 AM, johnnyg08 said:

The NB floating is definitely a paradigm shift for many. If NB has a product in place to sub for the jock, then use it, but I've used the original NB/Jock set up exclusively for years. Typically it's best to follow the manufacturer's advice.

Here's my order:

Compression shorts

Full length compression

NB Jock

Insert NB

Plate pants

 

 

my set up as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boxer briefs
NB
Jock
Compression shorts or tights depending on plate or base

Took one off the dirt behind the regular cup. NB since then. Luckily, haven't had to test it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After trying many different combos I have settled in on this order;

from the skin out,

1. athletic briefs

2. Force 3 Kevlar tights with Nutty Buddy installed in the cup pocket

3. Nutty Buddy Compression shorts

Finally the Nutty stopped moving on me....I don't like the floating concept.........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-MMA-Compression-Black-X-Large/dp/B00CKXYWI6/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1494603004&sr=8-34&keywords=athletic+cup

 

These come highly recommended by former Cubs catcher and recreational MMA fighter John Baker. It's a bit more than the NB, but if it replaces a couple layers, it's not really that much more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2017 at 9:31 AM, udbrky said:

https://www.amazon.com/Diamond-MMA-Compression-Black-X-Large/dp/B00CKXYWI6/ref=sr_1_34?ie=UTF8&qid=1494603004&sr=8-34&keywords=athletic+cup

 

These come highly recommended by former Cubs catcher and recreational MMA fighter John Baker. It's a bit more than the NB, but if it replaces a couple layers, it's not really that much more.

$89 !!??!!   Yow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wore mine today:

 

Compression shorts
Jock
Smitty Poly Spandex

 

It wasn't sitting right for at least the 1st 2 innings. The extra layer of the tights definitely help hold a lot, but it was 90 and I wanted less clothes on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2017 at 0:16 PM, Umpire in Chief said:

I want to say there was a video once upon a time showing to wear the NB between the compression shorts and jock. 

Is that the one that has the inventor standing on a bench taking baseballs from a pitching machine?   Great stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now