step balk!

Gfoley4
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2544 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Just now, udbrky said:

On ESPN's pre-game show, they said the plate ump called obstruction on it. I couldn't believe what I heard.

Yeah, I was watching the game as it happened. The commentators did a crap job, but what else is new. But in their defense on this, they got their obstruction info. from the official scorekeeper, who later changed it to a balk.

1 minute ago, ElkOil said:

Yeah, I was watching the game as it happened. The commentators did a crap job, but what else is new. But in their defense on this, they got their obstruction info. from the official scorekeeper, who later changed it to a balk.

Oh, ok. I wondered how they screwed it up that bad. How did the scorer screw it up that bad?

3 minutes ago, udbrky said:

Oh, ok. I wondered how they screwed it up that bad. How did the scorer screw it up that bad?

That's the 10 dollar question. But the commentators kept going on and on about how the move wasn't a balk and PU had no business calling it because it was U2's call to make, yadda, yadda, yadda aaaaaand vomit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ElkOil said:

That's the 10 dollar question. But the commentators kept going on and on about how the move wasn't a balk and PU had no business calling it because it was U2's call to make, yadda, yadda, yadda aaaaaand vomit.

Pretty sure that was Jim Palmer ranting about it's a bad call, and not a balk. He's so horrible in the booth. I'm sure as a HOF pitcher,he knows the rules about stepping to a base,but he's such a homer the O's never do anything wrong...even if it is illegal. Watched an Oriole game the other night on MLB network. Palmer made me twitch 5 or 6 times with moronic comments he made regarding rules, umpires, etc.