Register or Sign In to remove these ads
tankmjg24

Pitcher's Attitude

BrianC14    422
22 minutes ago, CJK said:

Certainly no later than when he left the mound to argue.

And that coach that came charging in could hold hands with him on the way out, too.

Agreed.  Pitcher goes before he even reaches the plate.

Coach comes charging in, he's gone.  And then wants to get toe-to-toe with the umpire?   Where's U1 to perform rodeo clown services?   He came in way too late, especially after the coach charged the plate umpire.

What I don't like is the plate umpire following the pitcher out onto the field.    Bad, bad form right there.    And still he didn't eject anyone.    

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
CJK    80
25 minutes ago, noumpere said:

The coach was coming in to protect his player.  that action alone would not get an ejection from me.

"Protecting the player" in this context could really only mean getting himself ejected instead of the player, and it would already have been too late for that.  In any event, if he wanted to stay in the game, he needs a better plan than charging the umpire, jawing in his face, and waving around him back toward the plate.

If he had run in, rodeo-clowned the pitcher, and then turned to the umpire to de-escalate the situation, maybe I would view it differently.

VolUmp    212
21 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

Hold hand up to pitcher, "Stop!".

If he proceeds, he's gone.  Everything after that is irrelevant.

That's not how it's done around here.  We try to teach when we can and don't treat them like "adults" until they are in High School and sanctioned by the State Authorities.

Dont over-simplify the human element. 

Please ……

• Like 1

catsbackr    371
44 minutes ago, VolUmp said:

That's not how it's done around here.  We try to teach when we can and don't treat them like "adults" until they are in High School and sanctioned by the State Authorities.

Dont over-simplify the human element. 

Please ……

I only have one responsibility to teach anything in the situation that was demonstrated in the video.  It is my job to teach that pitcher that his demeanor and actions are not acceptable nor are they within the rules and there are consequences to not following those rules.  The consequences are ejection and suspension.

Please.....it's not my job to baby sit spoiled players.

• Like 1

White47    52
15 minutes ago, catsbackr said:
I only have one responsibility to teach anything in the situation that was demonstrated in the video.  It is my job to teach that pitcher that his demeanor and actions are not acceptable nor are they within the rules and there are consequences to not following those rules.  The consequences are ejection and suspension.

I think this is a very different situation then what Volump was original talking about, at least it is IMO. In the video he's gone easily and quickly. I don't think many would disagree with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VolUmp    212

23 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

Cats, I see now you were referring to the video which I never saw.

No, that kid should have been gone half way to home plate. He's older too ... at least HS.

I didn't mean to hijack someone else's thread.

• Like 2