BI?

stkjock
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2535 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

11 answers to this question

6 hours ago, scrounge said:

BI all day

Unanimous!!!

Wonder why he didn't call it? There must have been some bad vibes going on prior to this or... maybe he just went momentarily brain dead. I can raise my hand and say I have been guilty of it a few times.   

3 minutes ago, stkjock said:

Obviously I'm a Mets fan, while I thought it was borderline, I also thought that F2 could have done a better job getting the call by stepping into the batter a bit more. 

I recommend not coaching that tactic. The main problem for amateur players is that it teaches them to be paying attention to the wrong thing, drawing a call vs. playing the game properly. F2's priority and focus should be retiring R1.

For our part, any umpire who judges that F2 deliberately "stepped into the batter" will not call BI, because F2 hindered himself. And, as you see here, batter INT is often missed for one reason or another, so F2 could abandon a good chance to retire R1 stealing for the sake of a no-call.

1 hour ago, Rich Ives said:

The throw was away and clean, then F2 slipped and fell.  All before the batter stepped into his path. Look with a cold calculating mind.

IMHO - he falls due to the pain from his hand hitting the bat on the follow thru...

but at least you're consistent with your responses: