Another Sitch from FB

JSam21
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2534 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

1 out, Runner on 2nd, this is Pony Baseball, Bronco Division (10-12yo). Ground ball to the SS, who makes a bad throw picked by the 1st baseman, out on the play. Meanwhile, the runner from second comes in to score, 1st baseman does NOT make an attempt at throw. The runner attempting to score runs into contact with the on deck batter, who made his way into the batters box. 

Whatcha got?

• Like 1

1 out, Runner on 2nd, this is Pony Baseball, Bronco Division (10-12yo). Ground ball to the SS, who makes a bad throw picked by the 1st baseman, out on the play. Meanwhile, the runner from second comes in to score, 1st baseman does NOT make an attempt at throw. The runner attempting to score runs into contact with the on deck batter, who made his way into the batters box. 

Whatcha got?

Incidental contact between two teammates? I'm not sure what the question is...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ALStripes17 said:

Incidental contact between two teammates? I'm not sure what the question is...

I'm going to wait for more people to answer before I tell you what happened in the game. I was not involved in this situation at all.

2 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

I'm going to wait for more people to answer before I tell you what happened in the game. I was not involved in this situation at all.

Oh.... so the REAL situation hasn't even started yet, has it?    You've duped us.... baited us !   :(

• Like 1

Asking if you would make a call? If yes, what call and why. If no, why no call.

I'm not sure I really understand the question or situation... What does the on-deck batter have to do with anything regarding the play?

• Like 1

Just now, BrianC14 said:

Oh.... so the REAL situation hasn't even started yet, has it?    You've duped us.... baited us !   :(

Oh it sounds like a cluster... and some of the responses from Facebook were absolutely mind numbing 

1 minute ago, ALStripes17 said:

I'm not sure I really understand the question or situation... What does the on-deck batter have to do with anything regarding the play?

R2 rounding 3rd collides with the on deck batter near the plate and falls to the ground... that is what happened 

R2 rounding 3rd collides with the on deck batter near the plate and falls to the ground... that is what happened 

Great. I have nothing as described. I imagine R2 and the on deck batter will have an altercation in the dugout/locker room later

So in the actual situation, the umpire apparently called interference on the on deck batter... and then returned the runner to 3rd. 

I, along with a few other guys, said that was incorrect and there should be no call. One guy decided to say that I was "wrong and retarded" and the runner had to be called out since the on deck batter assisted him in returning to 3rd base... which never happened.

1 minute ago, JSam21 said:

So in the actual situation, the umpire apparently called interference on the on deck batter... and then returned the runner to 3rd. 

I, along with a few other guys, said that was incorrect and there should be no call. One guy decided to say that I was "wrong and retarded" and the runner had to be called out since the on deck batter assisted him in returning to 3rd base... which never happened.

In what alternate reality do things like this happen? And how do these jack wagons have the stones to think that they are even close to being accurate in their  - ahem - rules interpretations?

• Like 3

@JSam21, I'm still waiting for two pieces of information...

1. Where / who are you in this? (BU? Participant (coach? Scorekeeper? etc.)? Parent?)
2. I'm reading that F3 never made a throw (likely stunned by what he saw happen 70+ feet away). Did R2 ever crawl over and touch home plate?

Oh, and you can forget the later altercation bit, @ALStripes17 – these are 12U's. These kids scream and hash it out right there on the field, in real time. If you were to ask the ODB what had happened just 30 seconds prior, he wouldn't have been able to tell you the situation. All he knows is that little Danny / Billy / Austin / Johnny got a hit, and now it's HIS TURN TO HIT!!! IntoTheBoxIGoRightNow!!

I'm surprised he didn't clock his R2 teammate with an air-swing as he got up to the plate. The way these kids swing the bat and pound the plate, I'd think they were aspiring lumberjacks.

But yeah, I too have "nada".

The guys on FB are idiots.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MadMax said:

@JSam21, I'm still waiting for two pieces of information...

1. Where / who are you in this? (BU? Participant (coach? Scorekeeper? etc.)? Parent?)
2. I'm reading that F3 never made a throw (likely stunned by what he saw happen 70+ feet away). Did R2 ever crawl over and touch home plate?

Oh, and you can forget the later altercation bit, @ALStripes17 – these are 12U's. These kids scream and hash it out right there on the field, in real time. If you were to ask the ODB what had happened just 30 seconds prior, he wouldn't have been able to tell you the situation. All he knows is that little Danny / Billy / Austin / Johnny got a hit, and now it's HIS TURN TO HIT!!! IntoTheBoxIGoRightNow!!

I'm surprised he didn't clock his R2 teammate with an air-swing as he got up to the plate. The way these kids swing the bat and pound the plate, I'd think they were aspiring lumberjacks.

But yeah, I too have "nada".

The guys on FB are idiots.

I am no one in this situation. I was just relaying it to this group of umpires since the group on Facebook didn't seem to want to believe what their resident umpires, me and a few others, were saying that there was nothing to call.

F3 never threw the ball and in the situation the runner never touched home because the umpire in the game killed the play.

5 minutes ago, JSam21 said:

I am no one in this situation. I was just relaying it to this group of umpires since the group on Facebook didn't seem to want to believe what their resident umpires, me and a few others, were saying that there was nothing to call.

F3 never threw the ball and in the situation the runner never touched home because the umpire in the game killed the play.

In honor of Easter...

09e02ced7e25776b983387c9497ba667.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, maven said:

How about this? Let Facebook be Facebook? This situation is silly and doesn't belong here.

Maven I was just trying to show people what the actual ruling would be on this type of play, since very few believed me when I said this was a no call. But ok. I will not try to educate coaches and parents anymore. I'll just continue to let them scream nonsense at young youth umpires and continue to drive young umpires out of the game.

7 hours ago, JSam21 said:

Maven I was just trying to show people what the actual ruling would be on this type of play, since very few believed me when I said this was a no call. But ok. I will not try to educate coaches and parents anymore. I'll just continue to let them scream nonsense at young youth umpires and continue to drive young umpires out of the game.

Maybe it would be better to just let the idiots be idiots somewhere else rather than bring their inane prattle here. It also might be a better use of time to avoid engaging those trolls in a legitimate attempt to discuss the manners in which baseball ought to be officiated.

https://youtu.be/iwPkz_FpFYc

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kevin_K said:

Maybe it would be better to just let the idiots be idiots somewhere else rather than bring their inane prattle here. It also might be a better use of time to avoid engaging those trolls in a legitimate attempt to discuss the manners in which baseball ought to be officiated.

https://youtu.be/iwPkz_FpFYc

You're probably right.

The Facebook umpire groups have their place. I do get a kick out of reading some of the things and the arguments. But I almost never participate.

As for the OP, I've got nothing all day long, but can only imagine the ruling. Now I'm quite curious.

• Like 2