Interesting Post Game Interactions

umpire20
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2546 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

33 minutes ago, ricka56 said:

The line that I get nearly every weekend doing travel ball. I'm at the backstop getting a drink and I'll here:

Hey Studley, my ex has the kids this weekend. Can I buy you a drink after the game ?
Italicize fond for that sultry, sensual delivery.

I think it'd be bad umpire etiquette to refuse. 

I know a cozy little snack stand nearby...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, umpire20 said:

Ha! She started off with "great game out there blue" and then I sparked up a conversation about college and the next thing you know I was leaving the field with a phone number.

Imagine the surprise when you find out it was your assigner's daughter...

It was a short, but sweet career.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ricka56 said:

The line that I get nearly every weekend doing travel ball. I'm at the backstop getting a drink and I'll here:

Hey Studley, my ex has the kids this weekend. Can I buy you a drink after the game ?

Never turn down a free drink.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ricka56 said:

If heard this, I'd assume that "Studley" was just a combination of "Stinky" and "Dudley," and that the person in question planned to buy a pitcher of something and pour it over me in an attempt to wash off the "umpiring film" (that thin layer of sweat and infield mix that forms on me at the ballpark).

I always say no.  I'd rather drive home after the game and wash myself, because nobody knows how I like it done better than me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJK said:

If heard this, I'd assume that "Studley" was just a combination of "Stinky" and "Dudley," and that the person in question planned to buy a pitcher of something and pour it over me in an attempt to wash off the "umpiring film" (that thin layer of sweat and infield mix that forms on me at the ballpark).

I always say no.  I'd rather drive home after the game and wash myself, because nobody knows how I like it done better than me.

You must be young.

• Like 1

Just now, CJK said:

Married, 3 kids.

Well studley is a long used term to refer to a stud, like studmuffin, but less intimate. That's why I said you must be young, and married w/ 3 kids does not mean old. I know some 23 year olds in that spot. (well, more that have 3 kids with diff baby daddys/mommas).

• Like 1

I was just having a little bit of fun with the fact that it said "studley" instead of "studly."

I'm turning 50 this weekend.  That, along with almost 27 years of marriage, 2 kids in college, and a third eyeing college next year, leaves me in a situation where I'm not interested in the drama and certainly don't want to lose half my stuff.

Anyway, it was all a goof.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CJK said:

I was just having a little bit of fun with the fact that it said "studley" instead of "studly."

I'm turning 50 this weekend.  That, along with almost 27 years of marriage, 2 kids in college, and a third eyeing college next year, leaves me in a situation where I'm not interested in the drama and certainly don't want to lose half my stuff.

Anyway, it was all a goof.

Ha, weird, never saw it without an E

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, ricka56 said:

<shudder>  I just had flashbacks of when my daughter was watching "Jersey Shore" reruns.   Ruuuuuuuuuun Ricka, Ruuuuuuuuuuuuun