Interesting Post Game Interactions

umpire20
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2528 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

After each game I work, I try and get out of there as quickly as possible, but sometimes other things get in the way... an attractive female happened to approach me at my car while changing and I just HAD to keep a conversation going with her and eventually we exchanged numbers. I hope this does not go against any unwritten rule of umpire etiquette, but I just want to make sure. Good luck the rest of the season, gentlemen.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, umpire20 said:

After each game I work, I try and get out of there as quickly as possible, but sometimes other things get in the way... an attractive female happened to approach me at my car while changing and I just HAD to keep a conversation going with her and eventually we exchanged numbers. I hope this does not go against any unwritten rule of umpire etiquette, but I just want to make sure. Good luck the rest of the season, gentlemen.

I would suppose it depends on the level.

Two years ago, at a college game after my post-game, a student came up to me and started talking...it took me about 4 seconds to realize she was interested in me. At that level, not only no, but hell no.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Two years ago, at a college game after my post-game, a student came up to me and started talking...it took me about 4 seconds to realize she was interested in me. At that level, not only no, but hell no.

I am in college and the female I was talking to is also in college.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, umpire20 said:

I am in college and the female I was talking to is also in college.

A. what is a college girl doing at a game that has a one man umpire on it(assuming youth level?)

2. At what point in your changing did she approach you?

and D. Is there such a term as an umpire groupie?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GPblue said:

A. what is a college girl doing at a game that has a one man umpire on it(assuming youth level?)

2. At what point in your changing did she approach you?

and D. Is there such a term as an umpire groupie?

She was probably watching a younger brother play. She approached me as I was done changing clothes and when I was putting the last of my gear in my trunk. To answer the last question, my only response would be that maybe she could be the first one to fall in that category.

Just now, umpire20 said:

She was probably watching a younger brother play. She approached me as I was done changing clothes and when I was putting the last of my gear in my trunk. To answer the last question, my only response would be that maybe she could be the first one to fall in that category.

So what was her move?  "Hey blue, love your double ball bag" or "your one man hustle really shows you put in the extra effort. how about with the ladies?"

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GPblue said:

So what was her move?  "Hey blue, love your double ball bag" or "your one man hustle really shows you put in the extra effort. how about with the ladies?"

Ha! She started off with "great game out there blue" and then I sparked up a conversation about college and the next thing you know I was leaving the field with a phone number.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

...it took me about 4 seconds to realize she was interested in me. At that level, not only no, but hell no.

Shouldn't your strike zone be consistent, no matter what level of ball?

Did you get a read step in there? That's some timing, lemmetellya.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GPblue said:

Man, going right to the ball bag is a little forward, don't you think?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, umpire20 said:

We have a hard enough time recruiting young officials. Rumor of a rule prohibiting being picked up by female spectators would be devastating. The survival of the umpiring profession may depend on you showing this young lady a good time. Do it for the sake of humanity.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ricka56 said:

We have a hard enough time recruiting young officials. Rumor of a rule prohibiting being picked up by female spectators would be devastating. The survival of the umpiring profession may depend on you showing this young lady a good time. Do it for the sake of humanity.

I won't let the umpiring profession down.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, umpire20 said:

I am confused? Why would it be bad umpire etiquette to get a woman's number after umpiring a game? Heck there's probably guys out there who have been umpiring for thirty years and would give their nutty buddy to be so lucky. All I can say is, if anyone questions your professionalism, ask them if they like apples. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sf0OFZexRGs

• Like 1

The line that I get nearly every weekend doing travel ball. I'm at the backstop getting a drink and I'll here:

Hey Studley, my ex has the kids this weekend. Can I buy you a drink after the game ?
Italicize fond for that sultry, sensual delivery.

I think it'd be bad umpire etiquette to refuse. 

• Like 1