Heading to Japan This Summer...

Majordave
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2559 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

For work. Don't think I can bring umpire gear but if any members here are in Japan message me and I'll try to make it fit.

If anyone has suggestions on Japanese umpire gear sellers there or places to eat, things to do, etc. let me know. 

Also planning catching at least one game of Japanese Major League Baseball. I'll be near Tokyo and at first perusal it looks like there are three or four teams not too far away by train. 

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. 

• Like 1

Dave - I have a friend who is an umpire in Tokyo. I given you the info below to contact him. We worked a tournament is Guam a few years ago, and I learned a lot about their culture. Sounded really cool.

We also watched Japanese baseball on TV - he was describing the differences to me - it is a different game and would be fun to watch.

His name is Tekeru Kickuchi. His e-mail is chang-judi@hotmail.co.jp . That was the last one I had from him, hope it still works. When you talk to him tell him you talked to Troy San from Maine - it might help you out. He likes to be called Tom Cruz Actor (that was his nickname). He was a great guy - very good umpire and a great room mate over 12 days.

Good luck brother -

• Like 2