Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Donny7

Happy Easter to the Staff of Umpire Empire

Donny7    12

Thank you guys for creating and developing this site into the absolute BEST on the Net. All of the Staffs work that goes into keeping it that way is noticed and appreciated.

Do you know the highest volume of online viewers you have experienced at any one point in time, and if so, when did that occur? Just curious :rolleyes:  

• Like 1

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Umpire in Chief    1,369
14 hours ago, Donny7 said:

Do you know the highest volume of online viewers you have experienced at any one point in time, and if so, when did that occur? Just curious :rolleyes:

Thank's Donny!

That's a bit of a difficult question...

I use Google Analytics to monitor traffic, which is a great tool overall, but doesn't differentiate between real live human users or bots. As I write this we have 52 "users online", 21 are registered users, but 13 are bots (primarily google). Some of the users listed as guests may also actually be bots, but who knows???

Actually Saturday 4/15 was the day with the most visitors yet this year at 2169. However, I have doubts as to how much of this was actual human traffic for several reasons.

1. Saturday's & Sundays are the days the site generally has the least traffic, Tues & Wednesdays have the most generally speaking.
  2. There are no other things that are extra-ordinary to drive additional traffic. Often I can relate spikes to a Social Media post or a mention in traditional media. But nothing special to the best of my knowledge would have driven that much additional traffic. 

I do recall once that that we had over 200 registered members on the site at one time. 

All of that being said I monitor it but don't get too caught up in it. 

Donny7    12

Thanks Warren,

I didn't think about the robots or unknowns, I was thinking in terms of "ONLINE USERS", Members and Guests. If the bots are indistinguishable from the humans and convolute the totals, I suppose there is not you do about it. DANG HACKERS!!!  

The other info you provided relative to days of the week etc. is very interesting.

I Thank You and your Staff again for providing this site which no doubt has helped to improve the knowledge base of hundreds, if not thousands of officials, which in turn ensures the game I love is played safer, and fairer. You gotta love it!