Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Gfoley4

sliding past 2nd on ball four

MT73    40

Suppose it was two outs, bases loaded and R1 was called out on the tag before R3 scored.

In OBR would the run count?

• Like 1

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
ALStripes17    556
Suppose it was two outs, bases loaded and R1 was called out on the tag before R3 scored.
In OBR would the run count?

Yes... 5.06(b)(3)(B) comment

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

GPblue    40

Had a situation in a game this weekend that my partner and I post gamed about and thought this would be a place to discuss.  3-2 R1 stealing.  My partner calls ball 4, but catcher still throws to second.  My partner lost track of the count and calls interference on the batter.  There was no play made on R1 and he never overslid the bag and my partner comes out with a "my bad" and we let runners take their places.  

Our thought is, if that runner would over slide the bag, could we have interference if that fielder had a shot at the runner?

noumpere    2,412
34 minutes ago, GPblue said:

Had a situation in a game this weekend that my partner and I post gamed about and thought this would be a place to discuss.  3-2 R1 stealing.  My partner calls ball 4, but catcher still throws to second.  My partner lost track of the count and calls interference on the batter.  There was no play made on R1 and he never overslid the bag and my partner comes out with a "my bad" and we let runners take their places.  

Our thought is, if that runner would over slide the bag, could we have interference if that fielder had a shot at the runner?

You cannot have BI after ball 4 -- there is no more B -- he has become a BR.  You can have interference with a throw, but that's a higher standard (intent needed -- and you can't get intent just by BR advancing to first).

GPblue    40
54 minutes ago, noumpere said:

You cannot have BI after ball 4 -- there is no more B -- he has become a BR.  You can have interference with a throw, but that's a higher standard (intent needed -- and you can't get intent just by BR advancing to first).

I kind of thought that thinking that BR has the right to go to first base and RH batter will cross the plate in his normal movement.

Thank you for clarification.

ALStripes17    556
You cannot have BI after ball 4 -- there is no more B -- he has become a BR. 

FED case play 7.3.5 Situation I doesn't agree with that statement.

Edit: after posting, I did realize this was a collegiate thread. Mea culpa.

noumpere    2,412
4 minutes ago, ALStripes17 said:

FED case play 7.3.5 Situation I doesn't agree with that statement.

Well, this isn't the FED forum.

But ... is that the case where BR heads toward first carrying his bat and then tosses the bat back toward the third base dugout and the bat is hit by F2's throw in an attempt to retire a runner?

I might argue that it's "runner interference" and not "batter interference," but either way it meets the "higher standard" criterion and the BR is the one who is out (I think)

ALStripes17    556
Well, this isn't the FED forum.

But ... is that the case where BR heads toward first carrying his bat and then tosses the bat back toward the third base dugout and the bat is hit by F2's throw in an attempt to retire a runner?

I might argue that it's "runner interference" and not "batter interference," but either way it meets the "higher standard" criterion and the BR is the one who is out (I think)

Yeah I edited my post to realize the forum title.. my bad.

Sidebar response: the BI penalty is applied in the ruling of that case play. If runner is stealing home, the runner is out, if runner is retreating to 3B, the batter (now BR) is out.

1 hour ago, noumpere said:

yes you can.. but it has to be INTENIONAL