Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Mister B

Rules regarding ties and forfeits

Mister B    102

I can't find a definitive answer in the rulebook or on line.

First, a tie game is called due to darkness, the game is then scheduled to be finished on the same day as the next scheduled game. I know the last pitcher of record can start the resumption of the tie game as long as he is eligible to pitch that day and he can only throw up to his daily limit based on pitches in the first game. But can he, or another pitcher from the resumed game pitch in the regularly scheduled game? 

Second, do forfeited games count toward mandatory play? 

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
basejester    395

If this is a LIttle League question, see section VI, Page 44 in the 2017 rulebook.

I'm not 100% sure of what you're saying as the thing you know, but see Example 2.  Pitches in the first day of the game don't count against the daily limit on the second day of the game.

The answer to the first question is in VI (k).  Intermediate and below, no.  Junior and above, yes, if he pitched 30 or fewer pitches in the first game.

Mister B    102

Yes, little league minors. Seems contradictory to 4.11 and 4.12. Which state that all stats pickup from the scorebook. 

There's also confusion as minors are not allowed to play more than one game in a day, so I would assume the resumed game doesn't count as a game. 

Our district UIC agreed with the pitch count, ie pitcher must be rested, but can only throw up to his limit. But thought that the pitcher could throw in the scheduled game if he threw under 21 pitches in the resumed game. 

Where this could become an issue, resumed game picks up top of the 6th. 3 up, 3 down, 10 pitches. Home team up, first pitch is a bomb. Game over. Now we have 2 pitchers who are ineligible to play for the rest of the day based after 11 combined throws. Probably pretty rare happening. 

Rich Ives    956
1 hour ago, Mister B said:

Yes, little league minors. Seems contradictory to 4.11 and 4.12. Which state that all stats pickup from the scorebook. 

There's also confusion as minors are not allowed to play more than one game in a day, so I would assume the resumed game doesn't count as a game. 

Our district UIC agreed with the pitch count, ie pitcher must be rested, but can only throw up to his limit. But thought that the pitcher could throw in the scheduled game if he threw under 21 pitches in the resumed game. 

Where this could become an issue, resumed game picks up top of the 6th. 3 up, 3 down, 10 pitches. Home team up, first pitch is a bomb. Game over. Now we have 2 pitchers who are ineligible to play for the rest of the day based after 11 combined throws. Probably pretty rare happening. 

Knowing the rules helps plan your pitching.  ')