Prospect

VolUmp
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2569 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I called 7 HS games of a showcase tournament this past weekend in Tennessee, and there was a player from Ballard HS (Louisville, KY) who will be playing in the show.  I hadn't heard of him prior to this tourney.

He hit a bomb down the LF foul line which hooked just foul that rolled approx 500 ft.  He didn't argue the foul call, although his coaches and fans were livid, and he stepped back in the box.  Two pitches later, he hit a line shot that never got more than 12 feet off the ground over the RC power alley wall.  It literally looked like a rocket.

He was IBB'd the rest of that game.

Game 2, he hit 2 more home runs on his first two at bats, and was then IBB'd three times the rest of that game (scored twice).

He graduates this May.  He's committed to U of Louisville for next year, but is also predicted to be a 1st round draft choice as a center fielder.  He pitches as well, but doesn't plan to pitch past high school.

Jo (Jordan) Adell.

I'm gonna be able to say I knew him when ...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him a couple of years ago when he was a sophomore. Very smooth, deceptively fast cause he doesn't appear to be expending any effort, but man he covers some ground. 

Louisville might have a hard time getting him on campus in the fall. Somebody told me that he is being projected as a top ten pick in the draft. Don't know if that's true, but that would mean a lot of money for him when he signs a contract.  

Don't mean to one-up anyone, but I had a 12 y.o. hit a 400 foot shot on Saturday. CF is about 250, road/parking behind it, brush and 70 foot tree behind that. I lost sight of the ball going into the top branches of that tree. USSSA 12U Majors. Unbelievable.

2 hours ago, ricka56 said:

Don't mean to one-up anyone, but I had a 12 y.o. hit a 400 foot shot on Saturday. CF is about 250, road/parking behind it, brush and 70 foot tree behind that. I lost sight of the ball going into the top branches of that tree. USSSA 12U Majors. Unbelievable.

did anyone check the bat?  and the kids birth certificate? :D