Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dumbdumb

NCAA hoops question

3 posts in this topic

Since I do not control the TV at home and therefor only saw about the last 5 minutes of the Oregon game.

By chance in the Oregon game last night.

In the last 5 minutes, did I not see NC get fouled on a play and a player who was not fouled try and go to the line?

Was the player anywhere near the action that tried to go to the line?

Such as, an Oregon player actually fouling 2 players at the same time and neither player knowing exactly who the referee called the foul on.

I could see that happening and of course the better free throw shooter would try to go to the line, but remember both players 'were fouled' simultaneously and the ref had to chose one or the other and neither player knew which it was.

However, sometimes a player, who is lets say, in the vicinity, but not even remotely touched, tries to use unsportsmanlike conduct and go to the line as the better free throw shooter, hoping the refs do not notice.

Does anyone have that last 5 minutes of the game that runs continuously rather than just clips which would leave this part out.

The NCAA should cut down on this chicanery and tell the official to give a technical foul as soon as the unfouled player steps to the line.

I heard a basketball ref say this is a coached (yea, the HC) unsportsmanlike tactic that is taught and sometimes players get away with. A couple of T's would nip that in the bud.

I thought the NCAA was clamping down on bad behavior, including this type of designed and premeditated attempt to deceive the referees. Just laughing and putting the correct guy on the line does not get it.

Give a T every time this happens and stop the shenanigans, and should be a points of emphasis.

Now, with a foul on both players at the same time, I would assume the official announces loudly which player goes to the line so both players involved can clearly hear the referee individually pick them out, and tells the number to his partners also. I could see without loudly informing the players, that the players may not know and this could happen. However, when clearly and loudly identified, the shenanigans should be met with a technical foul given for the inappropriate player trying to take over the appropriate players free throws using unsportsmanlike conduct.

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
2 minutes ago, dumbdumb said:

Since I do not control the TV at home and therefor only saw about the last 5 minutes of the Oregon game.

By chance in the Oregon game last night.

In the last 5 minutes, did I not see NC get fouled on a play and a player who was not fouled try and go to the line?

Was the player anywhere near the action that tried to go to the line?

Such as, an Oregon player actually fouling 2 players at the same time and neither player knowing exactly who the referee called the foul on.

I could see that happening and of course the better free throw shooter would try to go to the line, but remember both players 'were fouled' simultaneously and the ref had to chose one or the other and neither player knew which it was.

However, sometimes a player, who is lets say, in the vicinity, but not even remotely touched, tries to use unsportsmanlike conduct and go to the line as the better free throw shooter, hoping the refs do not notice.

Does anyone have that last 5 minutes of the game that runs continuously rather than just clips which would leave this part out.

The NCAA should cut down on this chicanery and tell the official to give a technical foul as soon as the unfouled player steps to the line.

I heard a basketball ref say this is a coached (yea, the HC) unsportsmanlike tactic that is taught and sometimes players get away with. A couple of T's would nip that in the bud.

I thought the NCAA was clamping down on bad behavior, including this type of designed and premeditated attempt to deceive the referees. Just laughing and putting the correct guy on the line does not get it.

Give a T every time this happens and stop the shenanigans, and should be a points of emphasis.

Now, with a foul on both players at the same time, I would assume the official announces loudly which player goes to the line so both players involved can clearly hear the referee individually pick them out, and tells the number to his partners also. I could see without loudly informing the players, that the players may not know and this could happen. However, when clearly and loudly identified, the shenanigans should be met with a technical foul given for the inappropriate player trying to take over the appropriate players free throws using unsportsmanlike conduct.

And no, I got no dog in the hunt for any of these games. Could be any team USA or anywhere mentioned above.

I would think there's a right time to call a tech for that, late in a final four game isn't the right time