Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2574 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Does anyone use ArbiterMobile? What are your thoughts?

I haven't been assigned anything yet so I don't know how well it handles all of that, but so far, I am pretty disappointed in the way it schedules your blocks... Very limited options, very difficult (or literally impossible) to set, change or delete multiple blocks. 

I hope that once I get into using the other parts of the app that they aren't as cumbersome and restrictive.

FYI - I did a search and only came across some mentions of it in 2013, but that info is outdated and it really just broke down into a discussion about whether or not they should charge extra for it.

I've used it for years. I like the notifications to Text and email. No problem accepting games and reviewing schedules. I click through to text my partners and get directions. I also access my Arbiter Pay account and get notices through the mobile site. I do my blocks on the full site. I have no use for the Arbiter App.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've used Arbiter Mobile, but it was a few years ago. My experience of it was as you describe. It was not then — and probably still is not — designed to replace the tools of the website. Rather, it offers a convenient means of viewing and accepting assignments, as well as a quick way to reach partners or assigners while away from the computer.

It has some value for those tasks. When I used it, not enough of my assigners were using Arbiter to justify the (modest) cost, so I canceled. My state has gone to 100% Arbiter assigning for HS sports (I work 3), so I might look at it again.

• Like 1

I use it.

It doesn't replace the full functionality of the website, but it does make a few things much easier, and worth the money for me. Our state high school activities association uses Arbiter for all games, so there's no opting out of that part.

1) Accept/Decline is two clicks (one to select the game and another to either accept or decline), unlike the website, where it's a game of hide-and-seek.

2) Each game's info (partner, assigner, and site contact) is easily viewable and clickable. We are supposed to email each site contact a few days ahead of each assignment to verify details (arrival time, field location, etc.), and I do that by just clicking the names from the mobile app.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Radie said:

Okay... Hearing good things. 

I suppose I can somewhat overlook the blocking issues of it handles everything else well.

If you access it from the website, you can get a 30 day free trial (and it's also cheaper than the $8.99 in-app charge, where Google/Apple get their pound of flesh).

I just decided to buy the 2 year option after a couple weeks of the free trial. Yea, as others have stated, the app isn't all that great, but it's a handy quick reference and nice if you just need a 10 second snapshot of where you're at today/soon and who you're with. The REAL nice part of the app is that it tells you if the game has been paid yet, so much quicker than logging into refpay. The mobile website is the main part of what you're paying for, which is pretty good. The text messages and multiple email address capability are fine, but frankly those should be in the base website. I wouldn't pay just for those, but in totality, it was worth the 2 lattes per year that it costs.

5 hours ago, maven said:

If you access it from the website, you can get a 30 day free trial (and it's also cheaper than the $8.99 in-app charge, where Google/Apple get their pound of flesh).

4 hours ago, scrounge said:

I just decided to buy the 2 year option after a couple weeks of the free trial...

...I wouldn't pay just for those, but in totality, it was worth the 2 lattes per year that it costs.

Funny story about that...

I actually purchased whatever deal the iOS app offers when you first try to use it. I did so by accident* and rather then fight with Apple to get my money back, I figured I'd just suck it up and  use it, since I was already strongly considering it. 

Funny that @scrounge mentions the lattes... I had a similar outlook... When I accidently bought this, I reasoned that it was only the cost of a few outs. 

*I have to readjust my finger 3 times to unlock the phone using Touch ID but I accidently make the slightest contact with the fingerprint scanner while moving my phone across the desk at the exact time the purchase prompt popped up on my screen and it reads it flawlessly. 

I'm not a fan of one thing on the Android version:  the load-up of your games.  One of my orgs has my games loaded from this stint in the org (from 2015-present, this time).  That's all well and fine, but when the app starts, instead of taking me to today's games (and maybe the games right around today's date), it loads THEM.  ALL.  From the first game in 2015, until, well, all of my 2017 games for the two orgs I belong to.

And if my games from EOA (that primary group) were still in the system, I guess it would load every game I've done from 2007 on.  In IT terms, we call that "suck."

If I've missed some setting on the app that turns that 'feature' off, please share.  It's not gonna kill me, since I use the web version like 98% of the time, but if I want to double-check something about the game I've got that day, I have to load all of that.  It doesn't take THAT long, in the grand scheme of things, but it's not a good thing.