Surprise! RK found (football) trouble.

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2556 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I got recruited to the high school football team. As a rising senior. I have not a clue what I'm doing. I barely know rules, much less how to tackle and snap and throw. I was told to try out for the defensive line in July, because who cares about repeated concussions? 

Ironically, I don't think there's a single place more filled with guys who know football than this baseball forum. :lol:

Help me, oh dear lord help me. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

5 hours ago, maven said:

D-line? I'm surprised: usually they put the smart ones on the O-line (who have to learn plays). [disclaimer: I played center]

Thanks, I think. 

They want me because years of playing goalie for hockey has turned me into a wall. However I am a 5'4 wall. I think center is what they're hoping I'll pick but I'm too self-conscious to make snaps. There will be a fumble and then I'll get anxious, and mess up the snap again, and get more anxious...I think I'll try guard. 

@stkjock our school is too poor for that kind of field time.