Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Rulekeep

Surprise! RK found (football) trouble.

Rulekeep    506

I got recruited to the high school football team. As a rising senior. I have not a clue what I'm doing. I barely know rules, much less how to tackle and snap and throw. I was told to try out for the defensive line in July, because who cares about repeated concussions? 

Ironically, I don't think there's a single place more filled with guys who know football than this baseball forum. :lol:

Help me, oh dear lord help me. 

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
maven    3,880

D-line? I'm surprised: usually they put the smart ones on the O-line (who have to learn plays). [disclaimer: I played center]

• Like 3

stkjock    272
1 hour ago, maven said:

D-line? I'm surprised: usually they put the smart ones on the O-line (who have to learn plays). [disclaimer: I played center]

well that explains a lot.............

@Rulekeep - good luck with the two a days. :D

Rulekeep    506
5 hours ago, maven said:

Thanks, I think. 

They want me because years of playing goalie for hockey has turned me into a wall. However I am a 5'4 wall. I think center is what they're hoping I'll pick but I'm too self-conscious to make snaps. There will be a fumble and then I'll get anxious, and mess up the snap again, and get more anxious...I think I'll try guard. 

@stkjock our school is too poor for that kind of field time.