Smitty pants and a crease

Guidry
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2580 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Switched over to the Smitty pants this year since my old Honigs Poly-wools were looking more heather than charcoal. I've washed them 3 times and already seeing the crease "de-creasing". Since you can't use a very hot iron (I learned the hard way a few years ago), whats the best method of re-establishing a sharp crease?

Just had my Fetcheimer Poly Wool's tailor creased. Men's Wearhouse = $8 each....Love the look. Taking my New Smitty's there Sat....I hate ironing...just like I hate polishing shoes so I ordered the new low cut New Balances last night....

On 3/23/2017 at 9:15 AM, NWA_UMP said:

Mr Ump...got to let us know how you like the new NB plate shoes...they look sharp!

They just came in the mail when I got home today. Will use them on Tues. Got a nice field and a big game. Seems like a good time. I can tell you they are light, comfortable and feel like gym shoes. All those are a winner in my book before the first game. Will report back next week.

The new NB plate shoes are comfortable, clean up easy and look really good with their pseudo patent finish. They are also relatively light. I have Force 3 shins and they pair together very well. There are no gaps in coverage on my feet, ankles, or shins

The best part is that I don't even think about them while wearing them.

My goodness! I don't NEED new plate shoes although I'm close, I may give in and buy the new New Balances thanks to the Equipment Forum. They'll probably pair nicely with my Force 3 Shins and Davis Fechheimer pants!