Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt

FED Test Question...what am I missing?

6 posts in this topic

78.    The batter will be declared out when:
   An attempt to bunt on the second strike is foul. 
 The third-base coach interferes with the third baseman attempting to catch a foul fly ball.
 With two outs and a runner on first base, the missed swinging third strike is not caught.
 A, B and C.

Ok...I have A and B as being true, and C as false. The only thing I can think of is that I'm misreading A, and that the foul bunt results in the second strike, whereas I'm reading it as the situation starts with two strikes. Am I going crazy?

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Yes, misreading A. The foul bunt results in the 2nd strike. Another example of a poorly worded FED question.

1 minute ago, JonnyCat said:

Yes, misreading A. The foul bunt results in the 2nd strike. Another example of a poorly worded FED question.

Perfect. Thanks.

Test writers amaze me. Do they even proof read what they write. What's so hard about writing it so it's understandable?

..With a count of 2 balls,1 strike, his bunt attempt goes foul.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Richvee said:

Test writers amaze me. Do they even proof read what they write. What's so hard about writing it so it's understandable?

..With a count of 2 balls,1 strike, his bunt attempt goes foul.

Depends on whether or not their purpose is to test your knowledge of the rules, or your susceptibility to being tricked by grammatical gymnastics and semantics.  A umpire who has English as a second language would be incredibly confused by this question.   Even with a solid grasp of English it creates a double take, but, technically speaking, the language of choice A is correct.   It seems to me a deliberate attempt to confuse the person taking the test.   Your suggested wording would make the question too easy.

1 person likes this

And if 'C' was a true statement, you would have to interp 'A' as a foul bunt on a 2 strike pitch. I hate having to debug the test like that.